43

~ Amaris Laurier Pov ~

The dinner night with pack was going well with all the fun. I am getting closed with the other packmates just like as I've known them for years. Some girls were glaring at me as they dig holes in my head. Besides them all are good; they are gentle and welcoming making me breathe in relief as I am not in the mood of any drama.

Samuel placed his hand on my thigh while rubbing it and I tried to not concentrate on it and talked with the girl who was beside me. His hands stopped running on my thigh and I looked at him whose eyes became black as he was mind linking someone.

His once blank face was now replaced with the stoic face as he stared at the empty space. He blinked his eyes, and they became normal before turning towards me.

" What happened? " I whispered him to not disturb the atmosphere.

" After your meals go to our room, I will be back soon! " He said giving me a squeeze on my thigh before standing up leaving the food.

" But complete your food first! "

" I have some important matters to deal with! " He said while pecking on my forehead walking towards the exit as he took out his phone from his pocket. I sat there & watched his retrieved figure until he was nowhere in the sight.

I sat there worriedly, I excused myself from them giving a slight smile and went to my room. I sat on the bed and closed my eyes before taking a deep breathe relaxing myself.

" Dante? "

" Queen? What's wrong? " His immediately responded.

" Where are you, Dante? "

" I am near the building-1 Queen, searching for our people, just as we planned. "

" Dante, you can't do that now, try to go back to your hiding spot as soon as possible! " I whisper yelled at him.

" But Queen, why? I can feel our people presence here! " He said impatiently.

" Dante, No. Don't go there. Samuel stormed off the mansion with a dark witch, so do as I say! " I told him as my heart started to beat faster.

" What? "

" Don't ask me a question and run away from there. I will meet you near you-- "

I was about to tell him that I was about to meet him but stopped when the link between us was cut.

' No, I Can't let my people to suffer more than this! I have to do something. ' I thought as I paced around my room.