120

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

" Don't ignore me! " Samuel's voice rang out in our room, deeper and more forceful than I had ever heard it before.

I continued to go about my business, folding the blankets and tidying up the bed, trying my best to ignore him. But Samuel was not one to be easily ignored. He got up from his chair and walked over to where I was working, his eyes fixed firmly on me.

" Come on, don't be like that, " he said, his voice softening slightly.

" I just want to talk to you. " I didn't respond, just kept my focus on the task at hand. But Samuel wasn't finished yet.

" Please, don't ignore me, " he said, this time with a cute little pout on his face, his hand reaching out to tug at the hem of my dress.

" Mate, I am sorry next time if I ever do this witchcraft shit you can hit me, and I will never stop you. And now also you can hit me. Wait, where is that shit? " He said, rummaging through the closet. I just shrugged and continued working, not really paying attention to what he was doing until I heard his voice again.

" Take this and punish me! " He said, placing something rough in my hand before kneeling in front of me.

" Mate can whip me as much as Mate wants, but don't ignore me! " Tears were now streaming down his face, and I could tell that something was truly bothering him. I panicked at the sight of his tears and quickly placed the whip on the bed before caressing his face.

" Hey, what happened? Why are you like this today? Where is my big bad Alpha? " I joked, hoping to lighten the mood. I thought he would laugh or at least chuckle, but instead, he wrapped his arms around my torso and buried his face in my stomach.

" Mate, don't ignore me. Zane doesn't like Mate ignoring him! " He said, his voice muffled by my shirt.

That was when it hit me - he was in his beast side. The beast side of werewolves is known to be more emotionally attached to their mates, often becoming clingy and possessive. They don't like their mates ignoring them, as it feels like punishment to them.

" I am not ignoring you, my love! I am just mad at Sam for doing witchcraft on me, " I said softly, trying not to trigger him.

" But Samuel was worried about you mate. He was working his ass off not knowing what happened to you when you fainted because of the marking process. We tried everything in our power to make you conscious, but we don't know what truly mate is, and that made no doctor, nor any people have any idea about when you will wake up. Those days were torture, and we just want to know about you so that we could protect you in the future, " Zane said, puckering his lips together, making him look adorable.