121

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

" I don't understand what you're trying to tell Sam, Elsa. You're just spouting nonsense, " I shouted at Elsa as I concentrated on practicing my magic in my own secluded space.

" Have you ever wondered why you're the only one in this world with six ancient spirits? " Elsa questioned, interrupting my practice.

" I've doubted it many times, but it's not like you're going to reveal any secrets to me, your own human, " I retorted, snickering as I opened my blue eyes and raised my hands slowly to feel the water sensation on my hand.

" There's a reason why we've hidden ourselves from our mate, and there's a reason why we've hidden the truth from you, " Elsa said, rolling her eyes.

" Then why bring up the topic? " I snapped, creating daggers with the water.

" Because you need to find yourself, Amaris. We've been caught up in Angelina and your mate's messes for too long. You need to do something instead of just practicing here, " Elsa said with a side glance.

" How am I supposed to find myself in this pack? It's not my birthplace, nor is it our palace to uncover the so-called truth, " I said, releasing the magic and causing the water to splash into the pond.

" Don't forget that this is the place where you can find any kind of book throughout the supernatural world, " Elsa said, with a hint of pride in her voice.

" Fine, then lead me! " I said, giving up and releasing my energy throughout the surrounding forest.

" Fucking finally! " Bella exclaimed, teleporting us to the pack mansion's library.

" What would happen if someone saw us? " I scowled at Bella.

" At this point, I don't fucking care! " Bella said, for which I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

As I approached the library, I couldn't help but let out a soft tsk of awe. It was my first time here, and I was already certain that I would return. The grand entrance led to rows upon rows of towering bookshelves, filled with ancient tomes that seemed to whisper secrets to me. The warm glow of flickering candles illuminated the room, casting a soft golden light on everything. The scent of old parchment and leather bindings permeated the air, making me feel like I was stepping back in time.

I took a step forward, my eyes darting around the room as I tried to take in every detail. The ceiling was adorned with intricate carvings, and the marble floor was polished to a mirror-like sheen. In the center of the room, there was a large oak table, surrounded by plush armchairs.