Episode 29: Graduation

"Please welcome to the stage our valedictorian, Kim Daeheon." Principal Lim said.

Everyone was clapping, especially Minho and Q who were cheering for their friend. Dae stood behind the podium, over looking his classmates in the sea of blue gowns.

"My fellow graduates, we did it. We made it through and are finally here. I'd like to thank all the faculty and staff for providing us with the education, resources, and most of all the connections that we all made. I feel that despite them being only teachers, I'm sure others can agree with me, they've become a family to us. Professor Alex, despite how old he is, he is an awesome teacher who's befriended so many of us.

We'd also like to thank your families. They have supported us in many ways to get us here today. Whether that be pushing us harder; to get closer to us; or even to just be the support that we sometimes need but can't easily get. All the tiny things that they have done for us, we'd like to thank you. So thank you to my Dad, my little sister, and most of all, my mom. She supported me so much before she passed away and right now, I have her with me, in here.

Finally, we can be thankful for each other. The friendships that we made can last us a lifetime. All the memories, like that one time...anyways, as we had supported each other and helped each other throughout these past years, I hope that we can still do the same for future endeavors. I especially want to thank my friends, Minho, Q, Yuri, Juliana, and Kitty. Without these 5 people, I think the rest of my school year would have been boring. And despite the problems, we got through them and now we're just happy to be in each others lives. So thank you guys. For everything.

Now class of 2023, I would like to say congratulations and leave here today, celebrating your high school years."

Applause and whistles went around, everyone stood up and cheered. Then Principal Lim came back to the podium for the last final words.

"Thank you Dae for that speech. Class of 2023, it is time, please stand," friends looked to one another, some were tearing up, "and turn your tassels from right to left."

Everyone began to cheer and clap, then hats were thrown into the air. Students rushed out of their assigned seats to find their friends. They stood right in front of the stage for one big class picture. After that, students dispersed to find their family or their friends.

Minho was looking around for Kitty, until someone tapped his shoulder. "Kitty! There...you...are." Minho was shocked to see his Mom.

"Sorry honey, but it's just me."

"Mom. You made it." He hugged her so tightly, he didn't realize it until that moment, how much he missed his mom. How thankful he is for her support despite how busy she can be with her job.

"Of course I did. I wouldn't miss this for the world. I got pictures too! Of you and Kitty. Speaking of, I think I see her right now." Minho turned around to where his Mom was pointing. He saw Kitty with her family.

"I don't want to disturb them. Come on Mom." She wrapped an arm around her son's shoulders.

"Minho!" He turned around to see Kitty running to him, he caught her just in time and spun her around. Like how all those Disney Princes did from their Disney movie marathon they had one night.

"Congratulations on graduating Covey. Looks like you're a big girl now."

"Oh shut up." The two kissed and it lasted a little longer because someone cleared their throat.

"You two are so adorable!" Lara Jean squealed as she was hugging Peter.

"Right, I'm really happy for you Kitty." Margot said.