Episode 5: Welcome Back

"I can't believe they let you go back to KISS!" Lara Jean said as she was helping Kitty pull out clothes from her closet while Margot was folding them. Then Kitty was looking at each one and separating them to what she wants and not wants to bring.

"Me neither. I'm really glad they reconsidered my expulsion, because not only will I get the chance to redeem the Covey name but also I want to find out who Simon is."

"Yeah I wonder if it's Mom's first love." Lara Jean said as she was looking at the wall, daydreaming. Kitty and Margot gave each other a defeated look, it was just Lara Jean being Lara Jean.

"Well whoever Simon is, we should ask Dad. He might know." Margot suggested as she was folding a pair of jeans and didn't look at her sisters' facial expressions. The two girls dropped what they were doing and yelled, "Dad!" as they made their way down.

"What? What is it? Is everything okay?"

"Who is Simon?" Lara Jean blurted out making Mr. Covey confused.

"Who is Simon? How am I supposed to know?"

"He was mentioned in a letter Mom wrote to a friend a long time ago. We were wondering if she ever spoke to you about a friend or maybe an ex, named Simon."

Mr. Covey stroked his chin and looked elsewhere, thinking very hard if Eve had said anything, "I'm sorry girls but the name doesn't ring a bell."

"Thanks for nothing Dad." Lara Jean said as she jumped onto the couch and crossed her legs. Kitty and Mr. Covey sat on the couch as well, "I'm sorry. It's just something interesting that we want to know. I mean it's about Mom. She didn't tell Margot or I about Simon and we're just now hearing about it from a letter."

Speaking of, Margot came down to join her sisters who abandoned her with the clothes. "I understand you're very curious but do you know how hard it would be to track someone down? I mean you have to be extremely lucky to know someone that knows Simon." Mr. Covey tried to reason with the two but he knew, once they have their mind on something then it's game over. Well, it applies to Kitty more.

"I got it. Professor Lee and Principal Lim both know Simon! They were all friends. Principal Lim was the one who gave me the letter and since it was addressed to her, I'll talk to her about it! The two of them must know where Simon is now." Kitty's excitement was soaring, just like when she was first leaving for KISS.

"Well sweetie let's hope they do. But if not, don't worry about it anymore okay? I only agreed to let you go back if you keep up with your grades AND no staying in the boys' dorm again."

"Yes Dad I know. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice."

"Good...I was worried last time, I sent you off thinking you were going to have sex with Dae. But now I should be worried if you're going to be sleeping in the boys dorm."

"Dad don't worry. Nothing will happen." I hope...

"So who are you going to ask for help now since Dae won't be there?" Lara Jean asked and then received a shove from Margot, "What? I'm just wondering since Kitty said he was tutoring her at one point."

"It's okay Margot. But LJ is right, luckily my friend Q is smart. He's an athlete so he has to have good grades."

"Okay good. I trust you Kitty," Mr. Covey stood up and gave her a hug, "now go upstairs and finish packing. Your flight is this evening."

Kitty completely forgot about it and ran upstairs, with her two sisters in tow.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

This semester I will focus on my grades and finding out who Simon is. With this winter break, it helped me realize my feelings and sort them out.