Episode 4: Winter Break

It was halfway through winter break when Minho's Mom showed up at the Covey's house. They were in the middle of lunch when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Lara Jean said as she rushed over to the door. Opening it, she was shocked to say the least, "It's Dami..." choking could be heard in the back, which was none other than Minho. Kitty handed him his glass of water and walked with him to the door.

"Mom? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for you. I read your letter and couldn't believe what you did. I'm sorry I'm only coming now but I came to tell you, I'm not working the rest of this week. I am free and all yours."

"Oh that's great..." Minho looked at Kitty with an unsure look on his face.

"Hi Ms. Dami, it's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you from Minho. Please come in and I'll let you two discuss things upstairs."

Dami looked at Kitty with a thankful expression. She hasn't heard a lot about Kitty but seeing how her son was at her house, she knows Kitty must be a good person. Kitty lead the two to her room and closed the door after them.

She went downstairs and joined her family who were waiting at the dining table. Lara Jean was showing her dad who Dami was and he was shocked to say the least. 

"So you're telling me I have an actress in my house? Upstairs? Wow. Kitty you've made some interesting friends."

"I just hope things will be okay with them. I know Minho could have handled it differently but he had good intentions."

"Don't worry Kitty, I'm sure they will work things out. She came all the way here to get him right? That means something."

I hope Minho is okay. Well, I'm sure he is. It's Minho. They continued eating their lunch and finished soon enough. Minho and Dami were still talking and by the time they came downstairs, everyone was in the living room.

Kitty stood up first and met Minho halfway. He gave her a reassuring smile and held onto his bags tightly.

"Thank you so much for letting Minho stay here. I know he's apologized but I want to as well -"

"Oh don't worry about it. It was a pleasure to have Minho over, we enjoyed getting to know a friend of Kitty's." Mr. Covey said as he and Trina shook Dami's hand.

"And Kitty, it was a pleasure to meet you. I heard about you from Minho and I promise, they're good things." She winked at Kitty who looked at Minho with a questioning smile. He responded with a smirk and shrugged his shoulders.

Kitty and Minho stepped aside to talk a little, "I guess things worked out?"

"Yeah they did. I wanted to say thank you again for letting me stay here these past few days. Also I'm sorry if I was ever a burden to your family."

"Minho it's okay. Look, we're friends now aren't we? So if you need something then you know I'm here for you; if you need a place to crash you're more than welcome to."

"Thank you Kitty." Minho gave her a hug for the first time and feeling her in his arms, it felt perfect

"Well it's time to go Minho."

"Okay Mom." The Coveys' walked Dami and Minho out to the their car. Before Minho stepped foot in the car, he gave Kitty one more hug, "Thanks again Kitty, for everything." He waved bye to the rest of the family and got in the car.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

After Dami and Minho left, Kitty began to clean her room. She was vacuuming when a phone call came, lowering her music she answered it.