Episode 14: A Quick Talk

"So you're really not gonna tell me what you guys were talking about?" Kitty asked mid chew, covering her mouth full of food.

Minho was laughing, "Eat first then we'll talk Covey." Kitty nodded her head and continued to eat, while Minho was imagining how their second date would go.

"Oh yeah by the way, I wanted to talk to Principal Lim today. Would you like to go with me?"

"Yeah sure, I'd love to."

"Okay, after I'm done eating. I'm sure she'll be busy or something throughout the day so I want to try and catch her this morning."

"Okay, have you asked Yuri if her mom is available?"

Kitty pause as her filled spoon hung in the air, "You know I did not think about that. Thank you Minho." She grabbed her phone and quickly shot out a text, hoping Yuri will have good news.

Minho watched and as soon as she hit send, "While we wait, want to go to the gardens?"

"Sure."

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kitty has been to the gardens and that was with Q when they were discussing about her ex. But now, she's here with her ex's friend. Which she still has certain feelings about it but pushed it to the back of her head.

"You're probably wondering why I asked you to come here," Kitty looked at him, "I wanted to ask you something."

Oh my god, is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend? I don't know...please don't. I don't know if I'm ready just yet.

"Are you free this weekend?"

Oh he's not. "I think so. If I can finish my homework before then of course."

"Well I hope you can, so that we can go on our second date."

"Already?" Oh, did I say that out loud? Oops.

Minho chuckled, "Yes already. I don't want to take long to ask you for our second date. Unlike someone we know that took their time on telling you things and doing things."

Now Kitty chuckled, "Alright I understand. I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as rude, I was just surprised is all."

"No worries Covey, I figured you didn't mean any harm by it."

"But yes, I'll do my best to be free for our second date." Before Minho could respond, Kitty's phone dinged, looking at it a smile appeared on her face. 

Minho assumed it was good news, "So should we head over to see Principal Lim?" Kitty nodded her head excitedly, she grabbed Minho's wrist and pulled him.

Minho thought it was cute but then he loosened her grip on him so that he could probably hold her hand and they walk together. Kitty noticed and looked at him, then smiled. 

Oh I hope this time, Principal Lim will actually be honest with me from the start. Unlike how she was about my mom. I want to know everything she knows about Simon. I'm glad I have Minho going with me. Considering he was with my family for a few days over break, I just feel it's the right choice to bring him. Plus who knows, I might mishear something and he can assure me on stuff.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"Kitty! Come on in. Oh Minho, I wasn't expecting you as well." Principal Lim opened the door and directed them to sit on the couch. She pulled her rolling chair from the desk to sit in front of them.

"I got Yuri's message. You wanted to ask me something regarding your mom?"

"Yes. It's about the letter you gave me, I read it and I was curious of the other person she mentioned, Simon."

Kitty handed her the letter as she took it with her in case this moment came. Principal Lim slowly opened it and unfolded the letter, treating it as if it would rip at the slightest touch. 

Kitty watched Principal Lim's eyes as it got teary-eyed. She was remembering her times with Daniel and Eve when it was their turn to have all the fun. Once she got to the end, she nodded her head in understanding.

"I can see why you'd be very curious. Simon was, I'm sure you figured it out, your mom's first love. The two of them had met once and couldn't forget each other, then the next time they met was here on campus."

Kitty was feeling excited to hear about her mom, especially about her first love.

"If you want to know more about Simon, I think it'd be best if we discuss this after school. With Professor Lee as well since he knew Simon as well."

Professor Lee knows him?! Well duh, that makes sense. Mom was best friends with Principal Lim so it's a given Professor Lee would know.

"Yes please, I would love to talk more about this. Should I come up here again after my classes?"

"I'll let Yuri send you the address okay?"

"Okay, thank you again Principal Lim."

Minho and Kitty walked out, he watched Kitty's face as her mind was racing with so many scenarios of Simon and her mom. Of what kind of person he was and how the two met and how things ended. I hope it's all good things. But then again, what's a love life without a little drama? 

"I can tell you're very excited about tonight."

"Of course! I mean I can easily get stories from my mom's own best friend! I've always imagined this since day 1. It took awhile and some problems to arise, but Principal Lim is really treating me like her friend's daughter. I had always felt she wanted nothing to do with me, but I think that was because she didn't want me to learn about Alex."

"Well I'm really happy for you Kitty. You're finally getting what you've always wanted."

"Thank you Minho, for coming with me."

"It's no problem Covey. I'll always be here for you."

The two smiled and left the office, hand-in-hand. 

Now, I have to focus on my classes. I don't know if I'll be able to though. I'm too excited to finally learn so many things about mom. I'm glad we did this quick talk. 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ep 14 donee~ I hope I didn't make you guys wait too long🥺. Also, I'm sorry it's a short chapter but I didn't want to add too much. Buttt we got a second date AND finally we'll learn of Simon🤩 I wonder how his and Eve's love story was. If it's like Lara Jean's or Kitty's love life. Or even Margot's.🤔 Well we'll have to find out on the next update🤭🤭

I see we're at 7k now!!!🥳🥳 thank you guys so much for all the love, I appreciate them so much🫶🏻 As I was on my trip, I continued to get notifications of votes/comments from you guys🥹, so thank you❤️I hope you guys continue to show your love and support via votes, comments, & shares🥹❤️ thank you again!!!