Episode 23: Surprise

"Minho I swear if you let me trip or fall -"

"Then what? You're going to kill me?"

"No, I'm going to cry because you let me fall."

"Well don't worry, I got you Covey."

Minho was leading Kitty deep in the gardens to a spot that he prepared. Today was their 2 month's anniversary. Kitty knew but she didn't want to make a big deal out if it; not sure if Minho was the guy to care or to celebrate.

Does he know what today is? He must I mean he's taking me out here...wait is he going to kill me? What the hell Kitty. As if. Maybe it's a surprise date he planned. That'd be sweet. Either way, I just need to know now. I can't wait anymore.

"Alright you can open your eyes now."

She slowly opened her eyes. Fairy lights were dangling and hanging on trees; there were fake flowers with tea lights in them; a lit-up path that lead to a small table; and Minho standing at the end of the path with a single flower. Kitty, shocked, approached him and took the flower, "This is beautiful. What is all this for?"

"Happy 2 month anniversary."

"Aw you did remember. I...I'm sorry. I knew about it but I wasn't sure if you wanted to celebrate it or something. I don't mind if you don't but that was why I didn't say anything. I didn't want to seem like it was a big deal, didn't want to be that kind of girl who -"

Minho rolled his eyes and kissed her, she kissed back, "I know why you did that." Kitty had a big grin on her face. Minho led her to her seat then he sat down across from her.

"When did you do all this? You were with me this whole afternoon baking."

"Well I had plenty of help after baking."

"Thank you. I really...I really love all this."

"I'm glad you love it Kitty. All this is just for you."

Someone cleared their throat, "Here is your appetizer." Q showed up with two plates of salad. Kitty gasped, not expecting so see anyone, especially her friend being the server.

"Thank you Q. For helping Minho with all this."

"Of course Kitty. Now enjoy your salad. I'll be back with the main entree."

The couple ate their salad and continued their small talk. I can't believe he did all this for me. It reminds me of our first date at that restaurant with all the lights. It also reminds me of Dae's plan. But I can't be thinking about him. I'm with Minho. The man who knew what he wanted from the start. 

"So Kitty I want to give this to you now before the entree. I hope you like this."

Minho handed her a jewelry box. She opened it and inside were two rings, couple rings. They were simple and silver. She picked up the smaller one and noticed on the inside, there was an engraving.

"Always."

"Forever," Minho finished. He took the ring out of Kitty's hand and took her right hand, "You might think it's too soon. But I was being serious when I said I see a future with you. This isn't a promise to marry because that will be something else. But this, this is to say that whatever happens and whatever comes at us, we will always do it together and forever, you will have my heart."

Kitty felt her eyes tearing up, she took his ring and put it on his right hand as well, "Minho. When I first met you you really got under my skin. You just always enjoyed finding a way to annoy me. But...that annoyance with each other just melted and we became friends. I think it started on Chuseok. From then on, we somehow got a long."

"Of course, everyone falls me for me in the end." Kitty jokingly smacked him.

"Anyways, I wanted to say, that night you saved me from that fire, thank you. I think it was at that point you showed me how good of a person you are. I honestly thought it was going to be Dae to come and rescue me but no, it was you. Then you confessing to me on the airplane was a whole plot twist in my life."

"A good plot twist."

"Let me finish please!" Kitty laughed and Minho raised his hands defensively, "If you had not confessed I don't think I would've realized how much of a perfect match we are. I think what I had with Dae was love but maybe not 100% because of everything that has happened to me. But with you, we started slow and you met my family and plus my sisters love you. I just know it. And my dad as well. I think with that being said...I really like you. A lot Minho."

"I do too Kitty. I like you a lot as well."

I'm glad I didn't use the word 'love'. I don't think I'm at that point yet. But then again, he got us  couple rings. But it's not promise ring for wedding. Ah whatever. The point is. We're both okay where we are and we aren't rushing it. It doesn't feel rushed and I'm thankful for that. Plus, he's communicating all this which is a huge plus.

"And here is the main entree." Q set down a plate of gimbap, japchae, bulgogi and kimchi. It wasn't a big meal since they still had dessert left.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"The food was very delicious and I enjoyed everything Minho. Thank you for doing this."

"Of course Kitty, anything for my girl." Kitty blushed at his response. Then music began to play, it was a slow dance song. Minho stood up and held his hand out, "May I have this dance?"

"Of course you may."

The two began to slow dance to the music, it was just like a fairytale; straight out of a book. Kitty couldn't believe it. She slowly placed her head on his shoulder and he leaned on top of her head. Q was watching from the side, maybe a little stalker like, but he was asked to be there. He took his phone out and took pictures and videos of their date just as Minho asked him to.

"I am so happy for those two," Q said to himself and made his way back, since he knew his job was done, "Oh Florian. If only you did the right thing in the end then maybe we could've still been happy together."

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ep 23 done~~ what did we think?? A cute surprise anniversary date!! I know you weren't expecting it hehe I wasn't either, jkjk🤣 or am i?👀 Anyways, Minho did such a good job on the date 🥹 ofc you might think it's like Dae's date BUT people can always do the same thing and yet it can be different depending on the person you're with and how the feelings are.

Also, if you're shocked that 2 months have passed don't be since you know, that's the power of books🤣 I wanted to move the story along and of course, that also means the first semester is coming to an end soon😱

With the number of readers and comments showing that you guys are really engaged in this book, I'll enter this in The Watty's when it opens on July 17th!! Thank you everyone for continuously showing your love and support by voting and commenting 🥹❤️ it means so much!! Please share with others who you think will love this🥹, I love you guys🫶🏻😭