Episode 21: Simon

"Eve was someone that I admired. She just knew what to say or do in certain situations. Even though they can be impractical sometimes."

Class of 1994

"It was the summer of 1993 when I first arrived to Seoul. I didn't know much since I lived in Busan. I had first seen your mother in the mall. Of course, I didn't know her then. Anyways..."

I was shopping with a friend I made, Daniel or in your case, Professor Lee. He was helping me get some new clothes so I could fit in because I could care less about my appearance. Anyways, I saw her shopping with Jina.

Simon and Daniel were walking towards the mens section when Simon accidentally bumped into Eve. He apologized and so did she, but he looked at her and thought she was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. 

But Simon didn't think twice as he believed he wouldn't see her again.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

It was the first day and Simon woke up late. He was running around and he noticed he bumped into someone but he had no time. He had to meet with his parents before they left back to Busan. Things didn't end well with him and his parents so he wanted to patch it up before they left. As he kept running he heard someone, a girl, yelling at him but he internally apologized. 

He made it on time to the train station. Simon did his best, he got his mom to be okay but his dad ignored him. 

"Don't worry, I'll talk to your dad. You go on now and focus and do well okay? I love you."

"I love you too Mom and Dad."

Simon felt bad he couldn't make up with his Dad, but knew he'd have to do good in school to get his attention.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"Hey have you heard of the new student? His name is Simon and apparently he's crazy smart." Students were gossiping left and right about Simon which he understood why. One he was handsome and two he was the top of his old school and knew he'd be the top here too.

It was lunch time when Simon found himself surrounded by many more fake people trying to be friends and get on his good side. He didn't understand why people had to do that. Be friends with people you actually want to be friends with.

But then, someone got his attention which he recognized as the girl from the mall. He was going to say hi but he saw her facial expression, mad. Which he didn't understand why.

"Can I help you with something?"

"Oh this story I heard from Principal Lim. She told me how she got mad at you because you knocked her down and then you started messing with her. You went from enemies to lovers."

"Oh I didn't know Jina already told you. Well then I guess we can answer your question. Before I got to know your mom, I thought she was a fair woman. Like I said, she knew how to respond and act in situations. She also knew how to get along with everyone. Except me of course because I loved getting under her skin. But she also knew where she stood. That if things were getting crazy, she knew where she stands and who to care for."

"So my mom was a saint?"

"Yeah, she was. I thought your mom was someone sent from the heavens but also had an evil side to her."

Wow, the more I hear about her she just sounds even more amazing.

"If you and her started dating. You were her first love, then why did you break up?"