Episode 22: Baking

Even though I didn't hear a lot I felt that I learned a lot more about Mom.

"Kitty!" She looked up to see Minho standing outside, waiting for her as he said. Her smile went wide and she ran up to him for a hug. 

Minho picked her up and spun her around, not for any reason just because he felt like it. Which made Kitty giggle.

He set her down and grabbed her hand to hold, "So how was it?"

"It was fun. Did you know Simon is an actor? I actually didn't get his last name but it's what he said. I believe it though, he was handsome."

Minho fake gasped, "He's more handsome than me?"

"Yes. Yes he is." Kitty kept a straight face and so did Minho, "I need to see a picture of him later so that I will see if you're right."

"Yeah yeah, anyways, he told me why him and Mom broke up. It was because she wanted to go to the States and he wanted to stay here. Instead of stopping her he supported her. I thought it was so sweet."

"Isn't that like how things were between you and Yuri?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you liked Yuri but she loves Juliana. Then you supported Yuri despite how you felt because you knew it was the right thing to do."

"I guess so," I didn't think of it like that. Actually... "now that you mention it. I think how Mom and Simon started out is like how you and I started out."

"How so?"

"Well you hated me, we hated each other at first, and then we somehow got over those differences and we became friends. Now we're dating."

"Well look at that, you're right. But, are you going to leave me to go back to the States?"

"Ah -" Kitty stopped. She didn't know how to answer that since she's never thought about after high school. 

Wow. I mean, my home is there. My family, well although my sisters are elsewhere, but Portland is all I've ever known. I mean, just like how Margot travelled, Lara Jean thought she'd stay with Peter but instead fell in love with New York. But they're making it work. I don't know about me. Where do I want to go? What do I want to do?

"Hey Kitty. I wasn't being serious. Look, I can see you just had a whole conversation in your head. Don't stress about it right now okay? We still have time to figure out our future."

Kitty looked at him, "You said 'our' future?"

Minho shyly smiled and rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah...I mean of course if you want to have a future together. Um...call me crazy but I do see a future with you in it."

Kitty smiled wide, he's right. I shouldn't rush it right now. We're not done yet with the semester so I can't be panicking. I still have the rest of the year before I graduate.

"You're right. I'm sure that I'll figure out what my interests are. I mean, I'm here in South Korea. There's still so many things I haven't explored yet so that might help me."

"There you go. Plus, you're still learning about your mom so I'm sure with the things she did and her interests, maybe you might be interested in them too."

"Honestly, as far as I know Mom took care of us. I don't think my Dad really said much of my mom's job."

"Well then, you got something new to find out about your mom," Minho started to run and pulled Kitty, "now we need to hurry back. I told everyone that you were shopping for groceries."

"Oh my god I have to bake!"

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"Kitty where does this go?"