Chapter 42: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

"I want the truth. Right now, guys. You tell me what the fuck is going on or this thing between us is over."

They could see just how serious she was and it frightened them to the core. "Aly..." She shook her head at him. "The truth, Matvei or so help me..."

Mikhail looked at his brother with sheer panic in his eyes. Matvei sighed before speaking. "We don't know them, but we know of them. Eric and Jean-Louis work for a man that is connected to our uncle Misha."

Alyssa sat on the coffee table still listening. "They're bad men, Aly." She stared on confused. "Then why does Misha work with them?" Matvei could tell his brother wasn't breathing.

"He didn't know they were bad until recently." Alyssa nodded her head slowly. "How are they connected? How do you guys know them." Matvei knew he should tell her. He knew this was the perfect segue into the truth, but fear won out in the end.

"We've built homes for their boss in the past and recently found out they were using it for nefarious dealings." Matvei rushed out. Alyssa gasped dramatically. "Y'all were out here building trap houses?!" Matvei wanted to laugh at how wrong she had it, but nodded instead.

"Guys, that's terrible. You could get into serious trouble just being associated with them." She let out a breath and took in the information. She looked at them with warm eyes and it broke them. "I'm so sorry for snapping like that. I was just hurt and upset by y'all's tones earlier. I felt like you were lying to me, but in actuality you were just protecting me."

Matvei nodded his head feeling like a dick as he continued to pile onto the mountain of lies. "We should've been honest with you, but the truth seemed like just too much in our opinion. We're the ones that are sorry." Alyssa gave him a smile before thinking over everything once more and frowning.

"What do they want with me?" Matvei sighed loudly. "I think they were just messing with us. Sending a message since we're onto them. They won't be bothering you again. We're going to make sure of that and keep you safe. I promise."

Alyssa nodded her head before leaning forward to kiss his lips. "I'm sorry." Matvei shook his head feeling like a complete and total asshole. "Don't be, babe. Everything is fine now. The truth is all out in the open." Mikhail made a noise that grabbed their attention. Alyssa looked at Mikhail who was sweating profusely.

"Mik? You okay?" Mikhail nodded frantically before getting up. "I'm not feeling too well, babe. I think I'm going to head home. I love you." He pecked her lips swiftly before practically running out of the house.

"What in tarnation?" Alyssa said looking at the closed front door. "He probably just has to take a shit." Alyssa looked at Matvei crazily before bursting out laughing. "You're absolutely ridiculous." He smirked at her.

"So, my loving and honest boyfriend...what do you want to do?" Alyssa wrapped her arms around his neck before straddling him. Matvei was not in the mood. His dick was, but his head and heart were not in it. He had just lied to her. Again. Gaslighted her if he was being honest and he felt horrible.

"How about this...let's snuggle and watch this crap show of yours." Alyssa gasped before hitting his chest. "The Flash is not trash. Did they lose themselves during seasons 6 – 8, yes, but it's still a damn good show. Thank you very much. Besides, Grant Gustin could get it."

It was Matvei's turn to hit her on the thigh before chuckling. They spent the rest of the night snuggled up and watching Alyssa's favorite show. She cuddled with newfound bliss at the fact that her men were being fully open and honest.

Her anxiety tried to prick at her that there was something missing. Something incomplete, but she shook it off. In the arms of her man, Alyssa could better ignore the shadow standing off to the side in the expansive living room and repeat to herself that everything was fine now.