Chapter 19: High and Low

It was Friday afternoon and Alyssa was on time for once. Matvei hated it. He needed more time to get himself together before being in her presence, but as they stood there in the driveway staring at one another he realized time had long run out.

It still astounded him how the line between love and hate wrapped around her cinched waist like a belt. She made him so angry and yet weightless at the same fucking time and he despised her for it.

She brought out emotions and feelings that were foreign and he deemed unnecessary. Matvei had done too much and been through worse to be allotted the joys he felt came with being in Alyssa's presence. She was too much of a good thing and men like him didn't deserve good things.

Matvei felt a lot of things about Alyssa, but currently he felt she wore dresses to torment him. The way the purple one she currently wore accentuated her perfect body made him want to scream and grab her plump rear simultaneously.

"Ready whenever you are." Alyssa finally spoke up. She had cataloged his features and attire thrice already and was ready to get this over with. She replayed Keisha's words over in her head but realized she was in fact too prideful to go after Matvei like she finally admitted.

She was scared of being hurt and rejected like so many times in her past when she made the foolish mistake of stepping out on faith and far from her comfort zone. The feeling of being shattered was not one she cared to relive and that was what happened when she took a chance.

She walked past Matvei understanding that pride was winning this battle and she would feed whoever Keisha was talking about the night before.

Matvei kept his composure and showed her the updates and changes being made to her home. He could tell by the bright smile on her face that she was more than pleased and that warmed him. He wanted her to love her new space. He wanted her to take comfort in her home. Most of all, he wanted her to remember he had a major hand in making it her happy place.

"Thank you for this. The walkthroughs. I know you don't care for them, but they make me happy." Alyssa watched the small smile form on his face and felt like her breath caught. He was gorgeous regularly, but when he smiled no matter how small he was perfection personified.

"What?" Matvei asked confused by the look she was giving him. "You're just...you're beautiful." The admission seemed to surprise them both. "U-um...y-yeah...Sorry about that...it just jumped out. I-I'm just going to go." Alyssa stammered as she headed towards the side door in the kitchen.

"Wait." Matvei grabbed her hand gently stopping her in her tracks. "Matthew, I don't want to fight you, okay?" Matvei heard the tiredness in her voice and sighed. "We need to talk about Monday."

Alyssa shook her head. "We really don't." She said with a bite as she tried to pull from his grasp, but Matvei just pulled her closer to him. She stood rigid flush against him. Matvei told himself to focus but the way her ass rested against his dick stirred him.

Matvei took a moment to breathe and regretted it as her fragrance engulfed him. He replayed the words of his cousin Jenna and sighed. The fact was, seeing Alyssa's face after that forced blind date and dreadful kiss wrecked him more than anything he'd ever experienced and that spoke volumes to him.

"There's nothing to talk about, Matthew. You and your girlfriend look cute. I hope you enjoyed date night." Matvei rolled his eyes before spinning her around. They were still close and the proximity was making them dizzy.

"She's not my girlfriend, Aly. She means nothing to me." Alyssa didn't want to but she couldn't help but look into his big, blue eyes. She had never seen a more honest pair than his in that moment.