Chapter 14: Inception

Matvei stared at his reflection in the elevator as he rode to the 15th floor. He had been to Winter's high rise many times to hang out or discuss business, but never for one of her infamous kickbacks.

He didn't like people like that and he hated crowds. As he got closer to the 15th floor, he swore he could already hear the music. Winter could get away with it as her apartment was the only one on the floor.

He sighed as the video Angel sent replayed in his head. He had no idea why Alyssa would dance like that and with Vlad for that matter. He wondered where the fuck his brother was when this was all happening.

He took in his outfit once more and scolded himself for having Alyssa at the forefront of his mind when picking out the attire.

As he stepped off the elevator, he heard the hip hop beats pouring into the hallway and shook his head. He knew he didn't have to knock as the door would be partially opened like it always was.

The penthouse smelt of booze, weed and sweat and he immediately regretted coming. Then he saw her. Alyssa was laughing happily at something Keisha said and Matvei couldn't deny she looked like a goddess. A deity of joy and light.

"What up, cuz? Never thought I'd see you at one of these." Vlad said with a cheerful smile. Seeing Vlad's face brought the video back to mind and restored his anger. Matvei punched Vlad in the gut causing the younger man to crouch over in pain.

"Prikosnis' k ney yeshche raz, i ya prikonchu tebya, Vlad. Ponyal? (Touch her like that again and I will end you, Vlad. Understood?)" Vlad just nodded his head as he coughed out.

"What's your problem?" Matvei closed his eyes and let out an aggravated sigh before turning around to find the 5'8" bane of his existence. 

"Nothing for you to concern yourself with." Matvei bit out. Alyssa nodded at him. "Kind of like what I wear, huh?"

He glared at her. "You okay, Vladdy Daddy?" Matvei's eyes widened. "What the fuck did you just call him?" Angel could see his best friend's jealousy was bordering on irrational and stepped in.

"The gang's all here! Let's play a game!" Winter clapped happily at Angel. "Let's! I think it's time for Dareshot, don't you Angel cakes?" The smile on Angel and Winter's faces frightened Alyssa because there was obviously nothing but trouble behind them.

Matvei was simply annoyed by their not so subtle switch of subject. He was still reeling from the fact that Alyssa danced so proactively with his younger cousin and was now calling him Daddy.

Mikhail had no idea what Angel and Winter had up their sleeves, but when he found out that it was Winter who dressed Alyssa, he had a feeling that she was up to no good per usual.

"If you're trying to play Dareshot get in this kitchen now!" Winter called out. A few of Matvei and Mikhail's employees sauntered in with their girlfriends or dates. Keisha and Arseny joined Alyssa, Mikhail, Matvei and Vlad.