Chapter 6: Up

Mikhail felt his phone vibrate and pulled it out. He saw his brother's name and bit back a groan. Matvei had been bitching about Alyssa all afternoon and he wasn't in the mood to read his complaints while sitting in her presence.

Matvei: Where the fuck are you?

Mikhail: With Alyssa.

"Everything okay?" Alyssa asked as she leaned over the island. Mikhail didn't even know what words were as he stared at her full chest. Alyssa watched him stare unabashedly at her cleavage and fought the urge to laugh. She should be offended, but couldn't help but feel flattered.

Mikhail was a god among men. He was chiseled. Sculpted from Heaven truly and in all his fineness he took the time to check her out. Alyssa was beyond complimented. She felt flirty and that was a territory she rarely engaged.

"Should I put on a show and shake them for you?" Mikhail coughed out as his eyes returned to hers. The cackle that left her eased his panic. "Sorry." She shook her head at him.

"No need to apologize, Mik. I'm honestly flattered. You paying attention to little ole me and all. Besides, I like seeing a different layer to you." He quirked an eyebrow.

"You're an honest gentleman. I knew it the moment you spoke up ready and willing to be my knight in shining armor. Unlike that hellhound you call a brother, you are a good bean."

He smiled widely at her. "However, you've had your moments tonight that tell me there's a little deviant in you that's just begging to come out." She gave him a quick wink before turning to pull out the rolls.

He had a nice view of the ass he was growing obsessed with and looked away the second she turned around.

"Dinner will be ready in a few minutes." Mikhail nodded as he got up to get water glasses. He knew where everything was in the home because it was one of their many show homes that he decorated.

He loved interior design, but selling homes and engaging with people were his true passions. He didn't decorate much anymore but he felt whatever Alyssa's request would be definitely had to do with her home. If she asked for his skills, he'd be adorning her newly renovated space in seconds.

He filled up the water decanter and headed over to the table. Alyssa watched him walk away and bit her lip. She didn't do this. Crush. Lust. Alyssa had never even had a legit boyfriend.

Sure, there were encounters with men who took her on dates and smiled in her face but when they eventually realized they weren't going to get the sex they so clearly craved they rejected her. One after the other. Alyssa stopped crushing and lusting because it just ended in tearful days and stress filled nights.

As she stared at Mikhail's retreating back, she wondered if she could make an amendment to the She Woman Man Haters Club. "He's literally finer than fine with a great personality to boot." She whispered before turning back to the stove. She plated their meals and headed to the table.

"Wine?" Mikhail asked earning a no. "You can go ahead and use that amazing dispenser yourself though." He smiled at her. "Not a fan?" Alyssa shrugged her shoulders. "Wine and I don't agree. Alcohol of any kind really." Mikhail nodded his head before filling a glass.

"Wine isn't for everyone. Matvei wanted to put a mini distillery instead, but I figured wine was more palatable than straight liquor for those who partook." She nodded her head.

"I'm glad you won what I'm sure was a titillating argument. You'll definitely sell more houses with wine than whiskey, I'm sure." She smiled as they both sat down for dinner.

Alyssa waited for Mikhail to take his first bite and almost choked on the cackle that bubbled out of her. Mikhail didn't even care that she was laughing at him. He savored every heavenly bite as his eyes rolled back.