Chapter 11: Whiplash

Alyssa took in multiple breaths as she tried to calm her nerves. She woke up three hours before she had to as it was officially her first day. She spent the first forty-five minutes lying in bed and willing her intrusive thoughts and anxiety to not drown her.

She had set aside an outfit two nights beforehand in preparation and drove the route that Mikhail had told her yesterday after meeting the Melnik cousins. She was physically prepared but mentally and emotionally she was all over the place.

Alyssa did various breathing exercises and DBT techniques to get herself as settled as possible before smiling. "Today is going to be a great day." She whispered to herself.

She found herself grabbing her phone from her bedside table to scroll through her nonexistent notifications and play a quick round of Toon Blast. As she stood up and stretched she had high hopes that the day would in fact be a good one. 

Alyssa made her way to the expansive bedroom window with a sigh. When she looked up from her phone, she let out a loud scream. There in the house across from hers was a very naked Matvei. 

"That man has no fucking couth!" She snarled out. She knew she should move but she felt stuck thanks to a certain appendage that exceeded any and every expectation.

"Snap out of it, hussy!" Alyssa chided herself after a while before returning to the task at hand. She showered and got dressed all while actively keeping Matvei's extremely large dick off her brain.

She needed today to go well. This was her dream job and she felt she needed to be perfect after being handpicked by Anna Anderson-Crane herself. Crane Industries was a household name and she was blessed to be working for them.

Alyssa needed to be focused and Matvei's ridiculous appendage didn't need to live rent free in her mind. She needed to prove others but mainly herself that she was capable of this role and title.

Alyssa stood in front of the mirror in the living room and sighed. "You are beautiful. You are stronger than you realize. You can do this!" She smiled that bright smile of hers and looked over her reflection. Her gray hair was styled perfectly complimenting the outfit. "This will be a good day."

Alyssa straightened her outfit and continued to breathe her anxieties away. She knew before applying that Crane industries held the same business casual standards for their graphic designers that they did their other employees which was rare, but she loved that aspect of the job.

She had worked at companies that simply required graphic tees and jeans. She wanted something different and dressing up allowed a welcomed change in that she felt like an adult. Smart, savvy and sexy. She looked at her outfit once more and knew the look spoke volumes.

Alyssa still had an hour before she needed to be in the office and remembered the bakery Mikhail and Matvei's mother managed

Alyssa still had an hour before she needed to be in the office and remembered the bakery Mikhail and Matvei's mother managed. She wanted to do something nice for her fellow team members and felt some sweet treats might help break the ice.