CHAPTER 31: Back In Time

MARISSA'S P.O.V

After closing the restaurant we did our after duties before leaving And left so that Lillian could close the the restaurant After cashing out.

I pull my sweater over my shoulder and step outside as the cold fresh air surrounds me like a small cold hug from winter. I saw Ricky waiting for me in his car.

From here I could see the small hue of white light emitting off his face as he sat in the darkness of his car.

When he heard my boots clank on the hard concrete ground, he turn his head in the direction where I was and turn on the light inside the car...

As I walk up to his car I open the door and sat in the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt and he drove off immediately after.

Minutes after driving in comfortable silence, and peacefully lost in my own thoughts I broke the silence asking Ricky about his friend who needs the tutoring..

I told him I tried sending him a quick text message this morning. but my phone shut off and I totally forgot to turn my phone back on and resend it since I was in such a hurry to arrive at work, and how there's no internet here.

He smiled and told me it's okay. Because at least we're now here talking about it. He explains to me how far behind his friend is in his class and how it would make him happy if he could find him a suitable tutor, he carry on by asking me which subject areas I'm good at.

And I listed all my subjects in which I've been doing well in.

He praise me on how much of a scholar I am and told me he would introduce me to his friend first thing on Monday...

I thank him gleefully as we kept talking about variety of things.

"Oh we're almost at your house I heard him say. I looked through the window and saw that we weren't too far from the house that I lived in.

I froze in my seat as I stared straight ahead in absolute shock wondering how Ricky knew exactly where I lived...

"Are you okay ?" He ask

"O-O-ofcourse I'm okay why do you ask?"

"Because you look a little pale." He told me as I saw his brown eyes focus on the road ahead of him

I never once invited him over....has he been stalking me?

I felt an uneasy feeling wash over me...As if everything around me has been put on mute. I saw Ricky's mouth move as if he was talking to me, but I couldn't hear a thing he was saying....

" sa"

"Isa"

"Arisa"

"Marissa ?" Ricky called, now looking at me worried

"Are you even listening ? Are you sure you're okay ?" You seem out of it."

"I-I'm sorry ...what was it you were saying?"

"I was just pointing out to you that we're here "he said.
As the silhouette of my house sat on the left hand side of the land in the dark

I nod my head and told him bye and rush inside before switching the lights on..
And closing the door lock behind me.

What the heck

How did he know where exactly to drop me off ?
How long have he -..... has he been really stalking me?

No. He wouldn't stalk me how the heavens does that even benefit him.

Maybe he ask around and Jules told him, yeah maybe Jules did told him.