[18] Check point

As we approached Reno, the sun had already begun its descent, painting the sky with a palette of orange, red and purple. The city's skyline, once a symbol of bustling life, now stood silent and lifeless, a grim monument to the world that once was. Despite this, the beauty of the setting sun against the lifeless city was a sight to behold. 

We were scrapping the barrel with our gas, luckily I spotted a gas station from the corner of my eyes. As we approached the gas station, I took a moment to survey the scene. The place was a mess, a clear indication that it had been hastily looted. Broken glass littered the ground, reflecting the dying light of the setting sun. 

I then got off the car and tested the fuel pumps which were no longer intact.

Looking back, I could see Ms. Yan in the car, her face obscured by the dim light. The thought of her alone in the car was unsettling, but we had no choice.

"Stay in the car and use the gun if you have to." I said to Ms. Yan. She gave a quick nod. Seeing her nod, I made my way towards the entrance of the store, stepping over the broken glass and debris.

Once inside, it was even more chaotic. Shelves were toppled over, the floor covered with discarded items. Yet, amidst the chaos, there was an eerie stillness. A feeling of desolation hung heavy in the air, the only sound being my soft footsteps against the tiled floor.

Navigating through the wreckage, I made my way towards the counter. From what I remembered, the switch to the fuel pumps was located there. The counter was a mess, cash register broken open, money scattered around. But that wasn't what I was after.

Where's the can? Where's the can? Where's the can?

Rummaging through the back of the store, I found 2 orange and yellow cannisters that were still filled with gas. 

Jackpot.

With two cannisters in hand, I couldn't help but whistle as I exited the store. But the moment I stepped outside the station, I had another thing coming. A grouped of thuggish armed men surrounded the car. 

"Put the can down and drop all your weapons." one of them said, pointing a pistol at me. Another one held a quiet sign to his lips and pointed a gun at frightened Ms. Yan inside the car. 

Maybe too soon for jackpot...

Q: What was your worst luck day?

Harem in a zombie apocalypseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें