Goodbye...for now -31

Kaiya's look for The Last ^

Sasuke POV

It was another day in jail. I had been locked up here after returning from the war. They had tied me up keeping me from moving and had blindfolded me. The people outside of my cell began to move and talk. 

Must be guard change again. I thought. The anbu that had been here before left and the new one took its place. Suddenly I heard the cell door open. I turned my head that way and felt smooth hands on my face undoing the blind fold. I gave a confused look up at the anbu in front of me. 

"Come on don't tell me you already forgot about me!" The familiar voice teased as they removed their anbu mask, revealing the familiar face. One I could never forget. 

"Why are you here?" I asked, she gave a teasing smile. 

"I'm just here guarding you." She said, "it is my job as a one of the few anbu leaders." 

"Why'd you remove my blindfold." 

"Because I trust you not to do anything." She told me seriously, "at least you better not or I'll get in big trouble." She said smirking, "I just thought I'd be nice and keep you company." She grabbed a chair and pulled it in my cell taking a seat. There was silence. 

"So...what are you up to these days?" She asked. 

"You're annoying." I say coldly. She gives a laugh. 

"You know you're pretty boring like this." She said. Then she paused. "Well, if you're good for the next few months I might be able to get you out of the cell at least." 

"Hn, and how would you do that?" 

"In case you haven't been in formed," Kaiya said, "I'm going to be the 6th hokage pretty soon. So I can use my influence to try and get you some freedom." 

"I wouldn't bet your career on me." I said. She frowned. 

"Sasuke, you're not a bad person..."

"In case you've forgotten," I said interrupting her, "I'm not the good guy. I'm the selfish one who does what ever he wants. The villain not the hero. I don't do the right thing. That's not me." 

"But it could be," she said softly, "you've let anger consume you but if you let it go you—."

"Anger," I started, "my anger was better than tears, better than the grief, and better than the guilt I felt." I looked at her. Straight into her those bright green eyes of her. Her eyes looked so sad. As if everything I've sad just made her want to cry. 

"Why do you always paint yourself as the bad guy?" She asked. I gave her a look. 

"I am a bad guy." 

"There are no good or bad guys.." she said, "just broken people who try and fix the world to make it better. Some just choose methods many don't accept." I thought back to Madara and Obito and the Akatsuki. They all just wanted to end the violence and hate in the world. 

She sighed dramatically. 

"Enough of this sad talk." She said, "let's talk about happier things." I scoffed, 

"Not much is happening here." I looked at her, really looked at her. She was sitting there smiling at me. The sun hitting her bright orange hair just right to light her face up. I saw the way the sun lit her green eyes up. I realized I had been staring at her unreasonably long and turned away. 

"You know what I think?" She started to say, "I think underneath all that darkness and hatred your secretly a kind loving person." I gave a half smile.