Itachi -23

We quickly left the hideout. I trailed behind Sasuke following him to the leaf. I had no idea where we were so I studied where it was compared to the direction of the leaf. If I could figure out it's location and report it back, it could greatly help in the war. We were in the woods when suddenly he stopped. Because of the sudden stop I ran into him. I slipped and nearly fell of the branch but was caught by the wrist. I scowled and yanked my wrist away from him. I wondered why we stopped. He turned his head and mumbled a name. 

"Itachi!" Sasuke sprang into action and started back the way we came. I was so confused but followed anyway. The figure glanced back but said nothing and continued forward. When we finally managed to catch up to him I realized that it was in fact his dead older brother. But how? 

"What's going on. You were just a shell of brother last time I saw you! I killed you damn it!" Sasuke growled. Great, I've been dragged into family drama. Itachi gave him a sad smile.

"I was hoping we could talk about something later but it can't be helped.I need your assistance with this Sasuke." Itachi said, he glanced behind him to where I was. "What's with the girl?" 

I rolled my eyes. I have a name, but it seems neither of them wanted to take the time to call me it. Sasuke glanced back at me. "She's not important." 

"Thanks," I mumble crossing my arms.

"Is she the girlfriend?" Itachi deadpanned. 

"No!" We both responded at the same time. He widened his eyes at the sudden response. Before I could add another response an evil laugh was heard threw the cave. I looked around, it looked like a cave with multiple dark tunnels that branches off and went further in. Then from the shadows Kabuto appeared. He had his hood up so it was hard to see him.

"The Uchiha brothers and the missing hokage of the Leaf. What a surprise!" He said. Hokage? I wasn't hokage? Sure I had filled in for a while and been recommended and asked to take over but I hadn't officially become it. A long pure white snake crept from under his cloak and hissed at us.

"I should thank you Sasuke without you killing orochimaru I would've never found this power.I have now surpassed him and become the snake sage" he yelled.

"Stop the reanimating just now Kabuto" Itachi calmly said. Kabuto smirked at us, "stop the jutsu, why you know I can't do that Itachi no one can do can do that." 

"Is he lying?" Sasuke mutter loud enough that only Itachi and I could hear him.

"Yes. The one who uses the reanimating is the only one who can stop it." He replied. 

"But if you kill me then no one can stop it..." he took of his cloak and made hand signs. A dark skin like hood covered each of his eyes.

"And now without you being able to cast genjutsu your practically useless." He said with a wide smile. Sasuke growled and charged toward him, drawing his sword and swinging. 

"Sasuke don't kill him!" Itachi yelled at the same time I shouted "sasuke you idiot!"

The white snake hisses and charges at Sasuke. Sasuke redirects his strike but so does the snake. This idiot I thought drawing my own sword. I jumped in before Sasuke and quickly cut the snake into three pieces, before using wind style sword slash to blow Kabuto back against the cave wall. I grabbed Sasuke's clothing while Kabuto was being blown backward and dragged him back to Itachi. 

I dropped him in his brothers red susano surrounding us. 

"I thought you were supposed to be smart." I shouted at Sasuke as I glared at him. 

"Tch," he said glaring at him. 

"Try to use your brain Sasuke. Running in blind like that could get you killed." Itachi scolded. Sasuke ignored his comment to busy glaring at me and telling me to shut up.