Him -6

It had four months since Aikio had died. I had kept myself busy with mission since then. Tsunade had tried to get me to tell her more about Aikio dying but I never answered her directly and eventually she stopped asking. I was actually on my way to see her now. She had given me a few days off to rest from all the missions I had been going on. I knocked on her door and heard a 'come in' I opened the door and walked in. There were three people at her desk. None who I recognized. 

"I'd like you to meet your escort." Tsunade said gesturing to me. "She's a top anbu and will make sure you arrive home safely." An escort mission? That sounded boring. I was normally doing the cool stuff like hunting missing ninjas or capturing rogue ninja's. 

"Now before you start complaining about this being a boring escort mission," Tsunade said giving me a pointed look. "I'd like you to know you will be escorting the kazekage back to the sand village. He has his team with him as well, so it shouldn't be to hard to fend of attackers." She tells me, I nod understanding. 

———————

We had been walking for hours. Why did the sand village have to be so far. I complain in my head. 

"Can't we take a break, I'm tired." Complained Orochi in my mind. I mentally scolded him while reminding him I was the one doing the walking. The sand village was five days away if we walked. It had only been half a day and I was already tired of walking. Plus having the anbu mask on my face was starting to make me hot. Not to mention it was turning out to be a ver6 boring escort mission. No one had attacked us, I hadn't even seen any traveler's on the rode yet. 

"Alright let's take a break, I'm starting to get tired." Temari said, I silently thanked her and took a seat against a tree trunk. Leaned my head against the tree and closed my eyes. My peace was short lived when a felt a pair of eyes on me. I opened one eye and looked over. 

"What?" I ask, the red haired boy who had been staring at me for the past few minutes. 

"Nothing," he said a bit startled he had been called out. "Just wondering what you look like under the mask." He mumbled. 

"Then you should've just asked." I said with a small smile, he gave a confused look till I started taking the mask. I sat the mask down on the ground finally giving my face some air. We made eye contact for the first and stared at each other. I started to notice more about his looks. He was pretty good looking I thought. Then I realized we had just been staring at each other. I felt a blush creep on my face as I looked away. He had a similar reaction, which made me blush even more because of how cute he looked when blushing. 

It wasn't long before we started walking again. I had left my mask off, even though it was against the rules and everything. I also ended up walking next Gaara. It took everything I had not to look at him. I don't know why but I just suddenly have the urge to look at him and never look away. He just made me feel a weird way, a way I've never felt before. 

It soon became dark outside, which meant we would be stopping for the night soon. Lucky enough we were by a small hot spring inn. We headed in and asked for rooms. 

"We have a two bed room available." The lady at the front said. 

"That's fine, thank you." Temari said grabbing the keys and leading us to our room. There were only two beds meaning someone would have to share. Temari volunteered herself to share a bed with Kankuro, which he wasn't to happy about. But she insisted on letting me take the empty bed. Apparently Gaara doesn't sleep, they said it was a weird condition. I didn't ask questions and took the empty bed. 

But there was another problem. It was mixed bathing, which would normally be fine since no boy wants to perv on his older sister. But of course I was here now, and that Kankuro dude screamed perv. But I really had no choice, so I followed behind Temari and into the water. I went to the far corner with her. I sank below the water till it covered everything.