The Beginning -1

I guess you could say I brought this on my self. Here I was lying in my own pool of blood in the middle of war. This wasn't how I wanted to die. Had I really come this far only to die like this. I know Shinobi die in war all the time. I had watched many comrades already die. But I thought I was strong. I thought I was strong enough to survive. I guess I had never envisioned myself dying like this. But my story starts many years before this. I guess it truly starts when I was just four years old.

—————————

"But I don't want to!" I protest crossing tiny toddler arms across my chest. I give an annoyed pouty face up at my mom. She giggles and pats my head. 

"Then I guess your brother will train alone." She gives a small smile. I roll my eyes and mumble a 'fine'. I grab the basket of clothes from her hand and carry it up to my room. I looked in mirror across from my bed. My hair had finally start to grow out. Mom had always kept it really short before. But she had decided to allow me to grow it out. It currently sat right above my shoulders.   Me and my mom look quiet alike. We had the same face shape and orange colored hair. But I had my dads green eyes. I also noticed my bangs looked quiet good. A few days ago I randomly decided to cut my hair for bangs. Mom wasn't pleased, but my brother loved them. Which was the only really I had kept them. 

My brother had dads reddish brown hair and green eyes. Almost everyone in the clan had green eyes and some form of red hair. It was like our signature look. The Ryu clan lives in the outskirts of the forest in the leaf village. Most people born into the clan possesses a kekki genkai which is known as kanjogan. Apparently by looking into someone's eye we can make them feel any pain we want them to. Though it takes quite a lot of chakra so most people in the clan just use our secret dragon jutsu. I've only ever seen dad use it. Well activate it. His entire eye including the white part turn bright red with three dark red dots in a circle where the pupil is.  Not even brother will show me what it looks like when using it, which is super annoying. All brother will teach me is the dragon jutsu our clan using. But of course I'm not that good at it. 

Suddenly I heard the door close from downstairs. Brother must be back from the academy! I thought. I rush down stair and jump from the steps onto him. Sending him falling to the ground. 

"Aikio! Will show me more jutsu today?!" I ask excited while sitting on top of him. Aikio was six years older then me and will soon graduate the academy and become a genin. Father had started training him awhile ago but I was to young to train with them. 

"Maybe later," he said, picking me up off him. "I have homework to do." I sigh as he walks into the kitchen and out the back. He always liked doing his homework on the porch. 

"Mom, when can I start learning jutsu with brother?" She looks down at me and gives a soft smile. 

"When you awaken your Kanjogan." She says. 

"When will that be?" I ask impatient. She thinks for a moment before answering.

"Well, if it doesn't wake on its own before you graduate the academy then you got through special training with the clan elders to force it to awaken." 

"How do you force it to awaken?" I ask, her face turns dark and she looks suddenly very serious.

"Kaiya, let's just hope you awaken it naturally like your brother did." She says forcing a smile. 

"Is the training that hard?" I ask confused. She stops what she doing and looks at me. 

"Kaiya, when I graduated the academy I hadn't awakened my Kanjogan," she forces another smile on her face. "Trust me when I say it's no ordinary training." She then resumes doing her tasks. I still couldn't figure out what she meant so I headed outside. I found Aikio laying in the grass doing his work.