Rebuilding -17

Shikamaru had explained it all to me. I had apparently died and come back to life. As well as other's who had died had also returned. We had no idea how but he was surprisingly really happy I had come back. 

I slowly began trying to stand up. I stumbled a bit and fell. 

"Here, let me." Shikamaru said with a smile as he caught me when I fell. 

"Isn't your leg still broken?" I question looking down at his splintered leg. He follows my gaze. 

"Guess I forgot about that." He said sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. I laughed at him. 

"So how are we going to get down there?" I say, pointing at the crowd gathering waiting for Naruto to return. He thought for a moment. I looked at my wounds from before. They seemed healed, as if they were never there. Only light scars could be seen. I decided to try walking another try. 

"Hey, what're you-" 

I stumbled for a moment before regaining my balance. After making sure I was strong enough to walk I helped Shikamaru up. He had one arm around me. I was like his makeshift crutch. We slowly began to make our way to the large crowd that had gathered. 

"So you as well, huh?" Shikaku said when we reach the crowd. Everyone had gathered to thank Naruto for saving us. 

"I'm sure what really happened but I'm glad I'm back." I say with a smile looking around at my comrades who had died and were perfectly fine now. Naruto then appeared on Kakashi's back. Everyone began clapping and giving him a standing ovation. 

"I'm glad they finally recognize him as Naruto and not at the Kyubi." I say quietly, so quietly that I didn't think anyone heard. But Shikamaru did. 

"Is that why you didn't tell anyone, because of how Naruto was treated?" He asked looking at me. I slowly nodded my head. 

"I thought they would hate me like him. I saw how lonely he was as a kid, and my brother didn't want that for me." I say looking at how happy Naruto was. "Only one other person knows about my tailed beast, I'm glad I told you though." I say smiling at Shikamaru. After they stayed together in comfortable silence leaving Shikamaru wondering who else knew. 

————————————

"Alright set up a row of tents here!" I say instructing citizens. Immediately after the battle and the celebration everyone began setting up a makeshift camp. It would be a while before the village was completely rebuilt and everyone needed a place to stay. Lady Tsunade had been gravely injured during the battle. She had used all her chakra healing everyone. Sakura was with her now. Who knew when she was going to wake up, if ever. 

My home had surprisingly survived the attack. Only a few knocked down trees and scratches. My clan was located pretty far outside of main Konoha. It seemed Pain's attack barely missed it. Shikamaru's leg had been healed mostly by medical ninja. He was now on a crutch for a few weeks till it was completely healed. 

As there was no hokage the village's leadership had been scattered. No one had officially taken over for Lady Tsunade yet. I was put in charge of all anbu missions and approving missions for regular ninja' as well. Most missions had been out on hold but the village needed money for repairs. 

"Hey Sakura, how's she doing?" I say taking a seat next to Sakura. I had completed another housing situation and decided to take a breather and visit Lady Tsunade. Sakura looked down sadly at her sensi. 

"She's in a coma, she's extremely weak. And may never wake up." She said her voice trailing at the end. I put a hand on her shoulder. 

"She'll wake up, I know it," Sakura looked up at me, "She's the legendary Sannin Lady Tsunade she won't let something like this keep her from going on." Sakura gave me a small smile.