CHAPTER 53: blood and cheese

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷When my eyelids fluttered open, I'm not sure what I expected, but it surely wasn't my handsome husband draped over me, mouth agape as he breathed softly, looking surely like an angel

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷
When my eyelids fluttered open, I'm not sure what I expected, but it surely wasn't my handsome husband draped over me, mouth agape as he breathed softly, looking surely like an angel.

He and Lucerys had been back for a few days but it still hadn't sunk in that they were here, alive and friends nonetheless.

The tension had all but faded away between the men and I'd managed to spend every waking moment with Aemond and Lucerys, avoiding Sara at all costs.

I'd never had a close girlfriend besides the short time I'd spent with Helaena. I had hoped we would have raised our children together and with impending war, it was certain we wouldn't be seeing one another any time soon.

I settle into Aemond's chest, taking a deep inhale of his clean scent, which is a bit more floral than usual due to our extended visits to the hot spring baths of Winterfell.

Aemond Targaryen was a sight to behold. His sharp features were chiseled from the gods, an impeccable image of a Targaryen warrior, his facial structure framed by the short dark blonde stubble that I was beginning to grow more and more fond of.

Unable to help myself I lift my hand, grazing the small knicks and scratches that he'd acquired on his journey but my gawking isn't done stealthily for long.

"Hmm, you should be getting your rest sweet girl." Without opening his eye his lips still cock up in his undeniable grin, only this time with a sleepy edge stoking the flames of desire down below.

"I've got plenty of rest, husband. Or am I still dreaming?" I go to rest my chin on his bare chest but I'm taken off guard but only for a moment as he wraps his fingers around my throat to gently tug my face to his, pressing a tender kiss to my lips.

Instead of the teeth-crashing, tongue-swirling kisses we'd shared the night before, Aemond is sweet with me, patient in expressing his love, and my toying words from moments ago are easily forgotten.

"This is quite real, is it not? Or do you need more convincing?"

He doesn't give me time to respond, taking my mouth with his once more coaxing a low moan from my throat and my senses are overwhelmed by him.

His smell, his taste, his touch.

Every moment of it was divine, a blessing I would never take for granted again.

Expertly his tongue glides across my lips, demanding entrance and deepening the kiss that would surely be my undoing but I greet it with open arms, submitting wholeheartedly to him.

It isn't long before the air between us thickens along with the impressive member that was pressed against my thigh. Taking him in my hand I graze the pad of my thumb over the tip spreading the slick of his precum across my fingers.

Aemond hisses at the contact, arching his hips into me granting me easier access as he bites down on my bottom lip but I revel in the pain, only further turned on by the copper taste of blood on my tongue.