CHAPTER 2: aemond one eye

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷

Vhagar stretches her wings and legs starting off on a light jog before taking off into the night sky.

Picking up some speed the dragon is ascending straight up towards the full moon with no regard for us on her back.

Doing as I'm told for once I hold on, and tight. Vhagar wouldn't kill her new rider, would she?

In a quick moment my fear is torn away with the wind in my hair and Aemond's laugh warming my heart.

He'd mounted the largest dragon in the world and it was only the beginning of what he'd be able to do, I knew it in my soul.

"We've done it, Elaena! I've found my very own dragon!" He calls out, but my mind drifts to Rhaena, Lady Laena's daughter who was also without a dragon.

She was meant to claim Vhagar and once everyone found out, there'd be hell to pay and I just hoped it'd be worth it.

Not landing very gracefully I cringe at the thought of what trouble we'd get in for the damage we might've caused as if stealing a dragon hadn't been enough.

"I'll help you down. Watch me first," Aemond's head might've already grown a size unsure I could handle it myself, so instead I prove him wrong.

Jumping from the ropes I take off running towards the castle, my adrenaline pumping faster than ever.

"Elaena, slow down!" He laughs chasing me through the underground tunnels until we're frozen solid, our laughter drowned out by the angry stares of my brothers along with Baela and Rhaena.

They must've heard us.

"It's you." Rhaena spits accusingly.

"It's us." Aemond replies, stepping in front of me as if to shield me from their accusations but Jace and Luke's hostile stare was enough to tear my heart wide open.

"Vhagar is my mothers dragon!"

"Your mother is dead. Vhagar has a new rider now."

"Vhagar was mine to claim!"

"Than you should've claimed her! Maybe your cousins can find you a pig to ride, it would suit you."

First Rhaena steps forward, reeling back to land a blow to Aemond but he's quicker, pushing her back into the ground.

Everything moves much faster after that, Baela throws a punch and Aemond one back.

Throwing myself in between them it's no use, it's four against one, no one eager to end the fighting except for me.

"Stop! Please!" I beg.

I don't recognize the person Aemond turns into, taking my very own brother by the throat, raising the small boy into the air with a rock in hand.