CHAPTER 7: ñuha vāedar

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷Turning the pages of the third book I'd sifted through this afternoon in the libraries with Helaena I find my mind drifting back to the one eyed prince

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷
Turning the pages of the third book I'd sifted through this afternoon in the libraries with Helaena I find my mind drifting back to the one eyed prince.

When left alone with my family I was sharply questioned by my brothers what it was that was going on between Aemond and I... and the truth was I still wasn't sure.

I'd hoped to spend the day soaring the skies together but it seemed Aegon had other plans.

"Helaena, is it usual Aegon take Aemond with him on his... outings?" I don't mean to distract her but she doesn't seem to mind, lifting her head up from her book with a smile.

"There was once on Aemond's name day, but not usually no." Her face shifts uncomfortably as she thinks it over some more and I regret asking in the first place.

My thoughts go to the worst, my imagination betraying me with thoughts of Aemond and Aegon running rampant through the Streets of Silk.

Jealousy didn't begin to cover the burning insecurity that bubbled up inside of me.

If Aemond thought he could get his cock wet with the whores at the brothels and crawl back into my bed tonight he'd have a rude awakening when I take my dragon home to Dragonstone.

"The dragon's song is just as long as the rider stands to sing," She mumbles under her breath and I'd wished I'd known what she meant.

Sighing to myself I rest my forehead in my hands, closing my eyes tight in an attempt to rid myself of the mental picture of Aemond with another woman.

Maybe Cregan Stark was the correct match after all. Was it too much to ask that I be the only woman in a man's heart and bed?

"Why look so grim, Princess?"

Sitting straight up I'm shocked but relieved to see the face of my sorrow smiling down at me as if he hadn't disappeared all afternoon.

"Aemond?" I breathe, almost unable to believe it when I see his handsome face smiling down at me from under his cloak. Leaning against one of the tables he pulls his hood down away from his face so we can meet eyes though I quite enjoyed how mystifying he'd looked before.

"Sister, would you mind giving me a moment with Elaena?" He asks Helaena sweetly, and she nods.

"The harmonies must stay on key, Aemond." Squeezing his hand affectionately she departs but we're both left confused, staring after her.

As Helaena's footsteps fade, Aemond steps closer admiring me and I can't help but get fluster under his heated stare.

"I can tell you what those books are about, my love. I've read them hundreds of times." Leaning down besides me he puts his lips to my ear so I can feel his breath fan across my neck.