CHAPTER 13: traditions

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷The afternoon hadn't turned out to be as terrible as I initially thought

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷
The afternoon hadn't turned out to be as terrible as I initially thought. Cregan had come on strong from the beginning asking for a tour of the capital and to keep up appearances I agreed.

The young Lord was nice enough and if I hadn't already been hopelessly in love with Aemond, there might have been a chance for him yet.

Escorting me to chambers Aemond seems to care less and less about hiding our relationship and I along with him.

Pinned against the walls in the dragonpit he fucked me until I didn't remember where we were and told me he'd marry me. Hardly a romantic proposal but it was his, and that's all that mattered and now it was all I could think about.

"You'll be at the feast tonight?" I ask, linking my arm with his, nervous I'll have to face the evening without him.

"Of course. I won't be far if you need anything." He replies, his mind drifting elsewhere.

"Does a dance count?" Smiling sweetly up at him his lips tip up into a sexy half smile at my silly request.

"I said anything, my love." Reaching my chamber doors he twirls me into his arms and presses a soft kiss to my temple.

Smiling up at him the door opens from behind me and I almost stumble backwards if it weren't for Aemond.

Turning to meet the eyes of my fuming father I falter, stepping a step back into Aemond's chest.

"Go, now." He motions his head urging Aemond away but he doesn't move, his arm instead snaking around my waist in defiance.

Daemon opens the door wider, stepping aside growing more irritated the longer I hesitate. Squeezing Aemond's hand I step through the door, giving him a reassuring smile.

Biting his lip he looks me over with concern but Daemon was my father, he'd never do anything to hurt me.

Shutting the door in his face, my father's rage turns to me but I don't back away when he approaches, I stand my ground.

"Have you gone mad?! You're to be betrothed to the Stark lord and you left him in the dragon pits-"

"You think I don't know that? I've chosen someone else, I choose Aemond." I don't bother keeping my voice down. The entire capital could hear, I didn't want this feast, this tourney, the wedding, any of it.

"We don't all get to choose. There may come a day the greens dispute your mothers claim to the throne, the North is essential-" coming closer he keeps his voice low but it's still threatening only fueling me more.

"We'd both have the throne if it passed to Aemond and I."

"Are you as blind as to not see that's why he's shown such interest in you, Elaena? He's been put up to it but his cunt Mother and Grandfather. They want to ruin the arrangement before it's even begun." He spits.