CHAPTER 15: winter winds

𝓐𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷At first, I'd sworn I hadn't heard her right

𝓐𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷
At first, I'd sworn I hadn't heard her right. It must've been my imagination but I lift my lips from Elaena's chest and her blush has consumed her, her beating heart erratic beneath my mouth.

It was true, she felt the same way.

Taking her face in my hands I try to memorize her beauty, along with every detail of this moment that would forever be etched into my soul.

"In love doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about you, ñuha vāedar." I reply softly and her bright smile is back and I can't help myself.

Leaving a thoughtful kiss on her plump lips she grips the black leather jacket I wore, almost matching her dress.

"I want nothing more than to take you right now." I murmur against her ear bringing my hand down her body to caress her breast where she rose to meet me.

"Take me how, my prince?" She urges me on, pulling me closer so my building erection is stroking against her.

Taking a sharp breath at her movements I struggle to respond but I manage, "To bed, to wife, to the ends of the world. All of it, Elaena, I want all of you."

"Then let's go, let's go right now." Taking my hand she begins to lead me down the hallway but a figure steps into our path blocking the way in the darkness.

Bringing her behind me I take a step forward as he does and I'm face to face with my grand sire, Otto. His aging accusing eyes bore into us, lingering on Elaena in disgust and I suddenly have the urge to cut out both of his eyes.

How long had he been standing here? What all had he heard?

"Your betrothed is awaiting your return, Princess. I think it best you rejoin the feast."

Elaena looks to me, unsure. Taking a deep breath I nod, pressing a kiss to her knuckles.

At first she hesitates, unwilling to leave me and I don't blame her we were almost free, our escape slipping through our grasp.

"I'll find you." I whisper, making sure to lock eyes before she leaves through the door we came.

Crossing my arms over my chest, Otto sighs in disappointment.

"Whatever threats you're here to make, make them." I mumble, growing impatient.

The old man narrows his eyes taking a step towards me and I see my mother's quiet rage beneath his features but I was a man now, I wouldn't be manipulated, not when there was so much to lose.

"This affair with that bastard girl will stop-"

"She's to be my wife and you'll speak of her with respect or you won't utter another word."

"She's a whore, promised to another but having late night excursions with a prince? Do you not expect her to do the same to you?"

Pressing my arm against his throat I back him into the door, the sound from my overwhelming force echoing through the empty halls. I see red, every demon within me telling me to end it, take out every single person who would stand in between Elaena and I.