CHAPTER 28: beg for sympathy

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷The waves that splash to shore ripple up the sand wetting my bare feet and I'm at peace, wherever I am

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷
The waves that splash to shore ripple up the sand wetting my bare feet and I'm at peace, wherever I am.

Closing my eyes I tilt my head back taking a face full of sunlight letting it soak into my pale skin.

Though the crashing of the waves were rough I still hear a faint giggle in the distance.

Standing just up ahead is a young boy no older than four years old wearing a smile that reminded me of someone.

His short white blonde hair covered most of his face with the breeze and in and instant he's turning away, running towards the caves that fed underneath Kings Landing.

"Hey! It's not safe by yourself! Come back!"

Chasing after him the never ending darkness of the caves swallows me whole but I keep walking, calling out for the little boy all alone.

He needed me, he was still out there somewhere.

The warm earth beneath my feet is suddenly cold tile and the cave is no longer.

I'm standing in the throne room only lit by the moon that shone through the windows.

Sitting on the iron throne was no man but a different little boy than I'd seen only moments ago on the beach.

This boy was leaner, his hair short and his eyes fierce as they hold me where I stand.

"Are you lost, little one?" I ask sweetly, extending my hand to him.

Tilting his head his purple eyes twinkle in the moonlight and I go still, "Aelyx?"

As soon as his name leaves my lips he looks to me in confusion and I choke back a gasp.

I'm just about to reach him when the floor falls out from under me but a hand reaches out for me keeping me from the jaws of fire that nipped at my bare feet, the heat almost unbearable.

"I've got you," Expecting the deep voice to belong to Aemond I look up to meet the eyes of a stranger, who doesn't feel like a stranger at all.

Reaching out his other hand I take it, "Hold onto me, I'm right here."

The voice reassures me again and now I'm sure it's Aemond's but the face isn't his, only sharing our purple eyes.

Just as I'm pulled out a blinding white light blocks the face of my savior.

"You're okay, I'm right here with you," Flinching away from Aemond at first I turn my head erratically trying to understand where it was I ended up now not convinced I wasn't still dreaming.

"A-Aemond?" The whimper like sound that comes from my throat makes him flinch, my pain his.

"You were dreaming, and shaking. Saying his name over and over..."