CHAPTER 34: a son for a son

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷Wrapped in Aemond's sheets the both of us lay blissfully naked, entangled in one another

𝓔𝓵𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷
Wrapped in Aemond's sheets the both of us lay blissfully naked, entangled in one another.

For hours Aemond worshipped every inch of my body in ways that would forever make my toes curl but somehow I was still wide awake, the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Snuggling closer into his side, Aemond brushed his fingers up the length of my back until he'd fallen asleep peacefully beneath me and it was good to feel at home.

In the morning we would return Jaehaeryn to his mother and it could be the last time I ever saw our little dragon.

Pressing a soft kiss to Aemond's chest I wiggle from his grasp, my eyes searching the floor for something to put on. Throwing Aemond's tunic over myself it's long enough to be a nightgown but I put on a cloak to cover my nipples peeking through the thin fabric.

Tiptoeing towards the door I shut it softly behind me. Peeking down the hallway I make sure I'm alone before making my way to Jaehaeryn's room.

Cracking open the door I take a step inside, careful not to wake him.

Coming closer I gaze selfishly at his small body illuminated by the moonlight, his tiny chest rising and falling with each breath he takes.

Taking a step I must make some kind of noise causing him to spin over, his eyes lighting up when he sees it's me.

"I'm sorry for waking you, little dragon," I whisper, kneeling at his bedside. Brushing away his stray hairs he sits up, reaching for me.

"Sing? Will you sing to me?" Staring up at me with innocent doe eyes how could I refuse?

Tucking him back in I lean on my side, making myself comfortable.

"Oh little dragon, you'll grow so strong
You'll soar the skies and you'll write your own songs
Sharp as the steel that you'll wield when you're old
Wit like your strength that you'll sharpen with stone,"

Just as I'm convinced Jaehaeryn is falling back to sleep, an arm wraps around my neck, dragging me back onto the floor.

Struggling to see through my hair my hands go to the small arms and I realize it's no man, it's a woman.

Kicking back my legs I don't care what I hit, but I know I hit skin knocking her back. Regaining my balance I stand up meeting the crazed eyes of none other than Tessa Waters herself.

"Tessa? What are you-?"

"Mommy?!" Jaehaeryn shouts from his bed, terrified at what's unfolding before him.

Looking between the two of us Tessa makes a snap decision. Like a lightning crack in the night, she unsheaths a knife, charging me, Jaehaeryn's screams bellowing through the castle.

"You won't steal my child! You and that bitch Queen!"

Grabbing Tessa's arm I halt the blade just above my face, her strength not comparing to mine as I knock her back into the dresser.