Chapter 31

Theo doesn't say a word while he brings me into his house. He places me on the couch and then stands in front of me, looking down at me with a concerned expression.

I try to get my shit together but the tears just keep coming. I attempt to take another drink, lifting the bottle to my mouth with a shaking hand, but Theo reaches down and gently holds my wrist to stop the action.

I glare at him even with my teary eyes. "You said I could drink here," I remind him.

He nods his head and a sympathetic smile graces his lips. "You can, but maybe I can get you a glass so that you don't drop the bottle? It looks heavy."

I nod my head. It's a good idea, but I still give him an annoyed sigh.

He hesitates like he's unsure about leaving me, but when I make a sweeping gesture with a hand toward his kitchen he catches the hint and goes to fetch me a glass.

I kick my shoes off and curl my legs against my chest, hugging them to me while I wait for Theo's return.

He's only gone for a short moment but the smallest feeling of relief floods my body when he comes back into the room. It's short-lived. Immediately disappearing when I take in the way he's still slightly limping as he walks toward me.

I made him fucking carry me!

"Theo, your leg," I gush out the words with a new flood of tears as Theo sits down on the couch next to me.

"What about it?" he asks nonchalantly. He holds a glass toward me, and I drop my feet to the floor again and reach for it. He takes the bottle of whiskey from me as he hands the glass over.

"There's water in here," I point out the obvious, frowning at the full glass in my hands.

Theo sets the bottle down on the coffee table. "Oh, right, you wanted a glass for your whiskey. My bad. Must've had a mind blank in the kitchen." He leans back into the couch cushions.

I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously but am only met with an innocent smile and a light shrug.

"Ah well. Just drink the water and then you'll have a glass," he suggests.

I take a long drink, and a proud smile comes over Theo's face.

"You think you're just so clever, d-don't y-you?" I start off strong but by the end, my heavy heart takes over again and my words pathetically stutter out of me.

Theo's smile seemingly evaporates. He leans toward me to steady my hand while I bring the glass down to rest on my knee. "What's eating you, Milia?" he asks with a soft voice, keeping his hand over mine on the cool glass.

"Nothing," I answer mechanically, only to add defeatedly, "Everything!"

His thumb brushes over my knuckles before he lifts our hands together to bring the glass of water toward my lips.

I take another drink.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" He asks while guiding my hand forward to put the glass of water on the coffee table.

"Which part?"

I settle back into the couch, and Theo does the same, keeping his hand lightly resting over mine.

"Every part. Any part. That's up to you, Milia." His thumb strokes over my knuckles again.

I should fuck him. Maybe I couldn't get into it with Mr. Random from the club, but I bet I could convince my brain to let Theo have his way with me. He's so nice. Bet he'd be great in bed. Giving. And fuck, he's a big guy. I bet his cock is huge. I'd like to show him a "hungry, greedy mouth".