52. A Chance For Real

Flashback starts

"Hyung see what I got...." Jimin came running on the sand.

"Look hyung it is so beautiful." Jimin said placing it on Yoongi's palm.

"It's a snail Jimin. Why are you so excited? "

"Yoon-Yoon hyung you are so boring." Jimin pouted.

"Don't do that Jimin... How many times I had to tell you."

"What?" Jimin's eyes sparkled with innocence.

"Nothing" Yoongi smiled shaking his head.

"I am sad hyung you will go back tomorrow... Can't you stay here more?" Jimin said.

"I am here for vacation with my friends Jiminah.... I had to go back to college." Yoongi sighed "Give me your contact number."

Jimin looked at his empty hands biting his lower lip, "I don't have mobile or any tech at my home. You know how I... We..." tears were about to escape his eyes.

Yoongi was quick to hug him, "It's okay... I know..... I will come back and find you again okay?"

Jimin pulled back and looked at him, "You promise hyung?"

"I do. I'll always find you."

Jimin giggled and that was the moment Yoongi decided that he would do anything to lay world at this boy's feet just to hear those giggles. The picture was clicked the on that day.

Flashback ends

Jimin cried clutching picture near to his heart. How could he forget that person who brought a little wave of happiness in his sad world. Although it was just three days when he missed on his academy and sneaked to meet this stranger from a big city on beach.

Jimin gathered the courage, so much emotions were flowing through him as he made his way down stairs. Yoongi was still sitting where he left him earlier. Face buried in his palms.

Jimin moved toward the couch and knelt down so he could be lower than Yoongi, "Yoon-Yoon hyung....." he called the other as tears left his eyes.

Yoongi's whole body jerked on this name as he looked at Jimin's face, "Jiminahhhh" his voice cracked.

Jimin placed his both hands on Yoongi's knees and his face closer to the other, "I am sorry... I am so sorry hyung.. I am so naive... I forgot you." Jimin cried.

"Don't say sorry... How did you remember?"Yoongi questioned.

"This....." Jimin handed him the picture.

"Oh......"

"Hyung please forgive me..... I am glad you found me back. Why didn't you tell me before?" Jimin said with shaky voice.

"I wanted to see if you'd choose me again. Not based on a past promise but for the sake of present."

"That doesn't mean you had to act all play boyish and pervert." Jimin scoffed.

"I am sorry.... If I looked like that..." Yoongi sighed.

"No..... You stayed true to your promise.... While I failed." Jimin sniffled.

"No please don't say like this..... A year after this... I came back to Busan to find you but I couldn't.... I learned about you mother's passing and your father said he didn't know where you went..... I became hopeless that I won't be able to find you again..... Years passed while looking for you.... Five years ago Jungkook helped me to find you..... "Yoongi sighed.