5. Similar Yet Different

Taehyung was inhaled deeply standing in front of Dr. Jeon's lab. Fifteen minutes earlier when he was agitated being told that he will be working as an intern in Dr. Jeon's lab. Standing there he thought how a single line coming out of someone's mouth has an impact on your dream of years. At first, he wanted to decline his joining form and run away from here but then Jimin's words came to him. 'Maybe he was just being a professional.' He prayed that Jimin would be right.

Gathering all the courage he pressed the button and exactly like last time the glass doors were opened. "Mr. Kim is here from the facility to join us as an intern." an announcement was made by Myon as soon as Taehyung entered.

He walked a bit further to see Dr. Jeon standing in front of a screen monitoring something keenly, while his back was to Taehyung.

"Umm... Greetings Dr. Jeon."

The said one jumped a bit as if he was surprised he looked at Taehyung for a bit before a smile played across his lips, "Hi, Taehyung..... Welcome and congratulations on being part of this team." Dr. Jeon smiled.

With grey eyes

With grey eyes...

Taehyung was taken aback by not only the greeting, the awaiting hand of Dr. Jeon and his grey eyes that were staring back at Taehyung. He extended his hand and shook it with Dr. Jeon.

He looks really good in those contacts. Handsome, I think he is in a a good mood today. Or maybe Jimin was right. Taehyung thought until Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of Taehyung.

"Can I have my hand back?" he said.

"Umm... Yeah sorry Dr. Jeon."

"Oh no, it's fine. So, tell me is it your preference to work here?" Dr. Jeon asked.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows then smiled, "Dr. Jeon, it was my dream to work with you." Taehyung said looking at him dreamingly.

"Our dreams often serve as manifestations of upcoming reality", Jungkook said.

"You think so?" Taehyung questioned eagerly.

"I know so." Jungkook chuckled.

"So you are telling me that whatever I dream will come to reality?" Taehyung questioned.

"Why not. Try it. You seem an ambitious young boy to me." Jungkook smiled.

"I just love what I do." Taehyung was enjoying his conversation. He felt much more relaxed than the other day.

"I happened to look at your research papers they were really impressive. You got the right mind in the right body."

Taehyung blushed at the later part. "Well, thank you, receiving a compliment from you just made my day."

"You will be a great addition to our team Taehyung," Jungkook admitted.

"No, I am honored to........"