48. America

Seokjin and Taehyung landed in America through Yoongi's private jet. If the conditions were different Taehyung would have enjoyed experiencing once in a life time private jet ride. But his in this situation the anxiety kept creeping in on him time to time. He just wanted to find Jk vulnerability as soon as possible so he could trigger the kill switch.

Hoseok came to the airport to receive them despite of Seokjin's refusal. "Welcome to America again Jinnie...." He spread his arms and Seokjin hugged him.

"Hi there Taehyung..." Hoseok smiled at him looking over his shoulder trying to find someone else too.

"Hi... Its nice to see you again Dr. Jung." Taehyung said.

"Oh call me Hoseok.... Um.. Didn't Jimin come?"

"No, sorry to disappoint you but he has some important business there." Seokjin said.

"Oh alright.... Come on... I'll take you to my house." he smiled.

"No we will check in to hotel... We don't want to bother you." Seokjin said politely.

"Jinnie I am your friend and brother why would I let you two stay in hotel.... I am not listening no for an answer." Hoseok said.

"Can we visit Jungkook's lab first... Please." Taehyung said desperately.

"You two should rest for a bit. You might be jet lagged. We will go there tomorrow morning." Hoseok said.

"Yes, Tae he's right we need to clear our minds." Seokjin said.

------------------------------------------------------

"Ughhhhhh.... It's been three days and I can't find anything....." Taehyung said almost clutching his hair. They were in Jungkook's previous lab from early this morning.

"Don't lose hope we will find it...." Seokjin said looking through pile of notes infront of them.

"In those days he was enthusiastic about this project. It was like he found some kind of treasure that he couldn't wait to show the world." Hoseok explained. "Who would've know that it will come to this day. When he is........."

"He will be fine...." Seokjin said.

"All of his notes say one thing again and again..... Serving Mankind... Serving Mankind..... I don't think so Jk is serving Mankind...." Taehyung sighed.

"Maybe his perspective of Mankind is different than us.... Or maybe it changed." Seokjin said.

"How can there be error in the main theme." Hoseok said, "I am working on kind of same project but I am not in favor of giving AI full degree of freedom. No doubt it can think well but they can't rationalize the way Human mind can. No matter how much reason we induce it is still a machine."

"Yes, for instance Jk couldn't make rational decision between following his duty and love.... He chose love...." Seokjin said.

"I guess love is kind of emotion that make everyone greedy even tho a machine." Hoseok said.

"Wait..... JK and Jungkook are connected... He is using his nerve impression from start. Maybe this particular emotion of choosing love over everything is not a glitch but Jungkook's hidden desire. Because when I chose JK over him, Jungkook sped up the process of JK's enlistment may be it was because he.... he.... "Taehyung gulped..."Lovef me..... So Jk did the same and removed Jungkook from the image." Taehyung said.

"Why didn't Jungkook know it? Because he knew whatever he feels Jk might do the same because of connection." Hoseok said.

"Maybe Jungkook wasn't sure himself.... You know how we human's are. We don't give ourself benefit of doubt. Jungkook himself wasn't aware of his feelings for Taehyung until it was too late." Seokjin said.