8. Bad Day At Work

Two weeks passed and today was the day when Taehyung had to present his proposal. The past week was smooth as compared to the first one for Taehyung. He has now adjusted to his work environment also Dr.Jeon was relatively better with him. Twice he accompanied him out of the building too.

As for JK, he became close to Taehyung and also helped him sequence his proposal. Taehyung was nervous but JK ensured him that he did well and everything will be fine.

"It will be okay, you are going to nail it," JK said while holding Taehyung's both hands into his.

"Thankyou you are my biggest support system in here," Taehyung said.

JK pinched Taehyung's cheek to which Taehyung giggled, oblivious of someone watching them or only Taehyung was oblivious.

The presentation started and everyone was there to listen to it Dr.Jeon, Bella, JK, Jin, Kale, and Maya. Taehyung did his best, he did not stutter even under the cold gaze of Dr.Jeon that was on him all the time. On the contrary whenever his eyes fell on JK the latter would pass him a sweet assuring smile that boasts his confidence to keep going.

It ended and everyone clapped until they heard the sound of the aggressive hit of a paper weight on the table by Dr.Jeon. Taehyung flinched at the sound while others stopped and turned in Dr. Jeon's direction. "This is what you prepared in two weeks, Mr. Kim?"

Taehyung was speechless. During his presentation everyone's expressions were good so Taehyung was confident that he did good but this. He did not expect this. "Answer me, Mr. Kim. Are you here to waste your and my time?"

"No, Dr. Jeon... I um...consulted with Miss Lee throughout the preparation of the proposal and I planned the framework based on the previous research."

"So you are admitting that there is nothing new that you did? Where is your creativity in all of this? Any new ides? Because I can't see anything. The single trait you want to induce in robotics is not new. JK can do that."

Taehyung looked at him with pleading eyes, how can Dr. Jeon expect him to go beyond his level? He was just a student and intern. He wasn't some genius. Taehyung is always opened to critiques, however this was straight-up humiliation in front of his colleagues.

Taehyung's lips quivered as he held back his tears and the ugly feeling in his throat. He looked at JK because he was the only one in this room who could give him some comfort. JK passed a weak smile at him as Taehyung looked back at his hands.

"If you give me a chance, I will try to do my best next time." This was all Taehyung could say because if he left his internship it would impact negatively on his career and he might not get the next chance to continue his internship in some prestigious organization.

"How are you planning to do that? Hmmm? When your sole focus is on cooking and being a good housewife." Dr.Jeon mocked. To which Bella chuckled and Seokjin had enough of it.

"Dr. Jeon may I remind you that the feedback and selection of the proposal are based on the opinion of all researchers in the panel," Jin said glaring at Bella. Taehyung was thankful at least someone tried to stand up for him.

"Well if only there was anything worthwhile, I might have asked you all but there was nothing new Dr. Kim."

"Dr.Jeon, are you expecting an intern to bring a proposal that could beat your 8 years of experience? If so then why don't you guide him? Instead of leaving him in the hands of a manipulator." Jin reasoned.

"Dr. Kim you have no right to use such words for your colleagues." Dr. Jeon said.

"I can't stand hypocrisy. I am out." Jin walked out of the meeting room.