39. Keep An Eye

"Why didn't you call Jimin?" Seokjin said when he saw Taehyung only.

"I did babe but he said he was busy." Namjoon spoke.

"Busy? Where? His friend is here. He clearly refused Hoseok. Is he dating someone else?" Seokjin questioned looking at Taehyung who shrugged his shoulders giving a look that how would I know.'

"That kid I swear....... I don't know what goes through his mind. He looks zoned out even in lab." Seokjin huffed.

"I asked him love, he told me he is having hard time with project." Namjoon spoke.

"Waeeee? I am there all the time he never asks for help if that's the case."

Taehyung knew the reason so he was quite, "Let it go hyung he is like that sometimes. He is okay I assure you."

"I take your word for it. Now, you tell me why were you whispering over the phone? Seokjin questioned and Taehyung explained everything.

"You were with Jungkook? Whole weekend? He would be over the cloud. He didn't tell me." Namjoon fake pouted.

"Stfu Namjoon, you are telling me that Ok Taecyeon visited Jungkook? At his house? Jeon Jungkook's house?" Seokjin questioned him revolving his glass of wine swiftly in his hand.

"Yes hyung I am telling you for nth time." Taehyung sighed.

"There must've been some reason. Did you ask Jungkook?" Namjoon questioned. Currently, Taehyung was sitting at Seokjin's place after having dinner.

"I did..... All he said that the other needed favour and he refused to help him.... That's it."

"Hmmm......" Seokjin hummed.

"May be he was there to piss him off?" Namjoon added.

"Well.... I didn't see that of Jungkook's face he was quite normal bidding him goodbye."

"While we were working on project JK..... Jungkook told me that Taecyeon offered him to work for some Russian Company in exchange for money and fame. He asked him not to waste his talent for government for free. Jungkook was always opposed of this idea of treason. So, he was always disgusted by Taecyeon. We also kept JK's completion a secret." Seokjin explained.

"Well he didn't look disgusted today. That's when I was suspicious."

"May be he did it for you." Namjoon tried to take side of his friend.

"What? Taehyung then processed his words and it came to him,"Hyung that night before JK left for military, Jungkook came at my house and told me that he signed some contract that says JK will only serve for a year then he will be back doing some normal job. He promised me this. But before this he told JK that it was impossible to convince Chief of army staff for a contract like that......Do you think that..... "

"It has to do something with Taecyeon......" Namjoon completed and Taehyung nodded.

"I don't think so Jungkook will go this far to make a pact with Taecyeon. Taecyeon of all people?!???? “ Seokjin said.

"A man is capable of doing anything to make the one happy with whom he is in love with. Maybe he wanted to see Taehyung happy so he took this step. Maybe he was desperate for your forgiveness. Maybe he wanted to correct his mistakes." Namjoon explained looking at Taehyung.

"I can't believe it Jungkook would go this far and make pact with Taecyeon." Seokjin spoke.

Now Taehyung was feeling guilty. Guilty of making Jungkook commit treason. If what Namjoon said was the truth then it was messed up real messed up. Jungkook could get caught and his license for practice could be canceled. Worse he would get a life time imprisonment.