35. Start Over

"Dr. Jeon....." Taehyung spoke.

"Taehyung.... Why did you come out, you should enjoy the dinner....." Jungkook spoke his elbow rested on the railing of the balcony.

"I wanted to talk......"

"Are you okay?" Jungkook looked at him.

"Why are you asking me? Should I be okay when you ghosted me....us like that." Taehyung mumbled.

"Isn't that what you wanted? I thought you didn't want to see my face when JK is gone. I was just trying to keep you away from the pain of seeing his face in me." Jungkook spoke.

"I accept your apology...."

"What?"

"I accept your apology... I understand that whatever happened was no one's fault. Whether it was natural or an scientific error, I don't blame it on you.... Not anymore." Taehyung said gathering courage and looking at Jungkook.

"Thankyou Taehyung.... I am relieved that you don't blame me anymore."

"Will you come back to lab tomorrow?" Taehyung questioned desperately.

"No..... I won't be coming back anytime soon. I want you to complete your internship peacefully and comfortably."

"How can I be comfortable knowing that you are not there because of me....." Taehyung's eyes were now glistening a bit, thinking how the other thought of his comfort.

"You can do this Taehyung without me." Jungkook said looking into the city's view.

"Jungkook I...... can't...."

"Go back in side Taehyung.... There is nothing to talk about anymore."

"Jungkook.... I'll not leave until I fix this..." Taehyung extended his hand and snuggled it into Jungkook's to get his attention.

"Taehyung please don’t do this.... You don't know how difficult it is for me to hold it back....."

"Hold back what?" Taehyung questioned him.

Jungkook looked at his face briefly then turned his head away looking again at shiny bright lights.

"Let's go inside...."

"Promise me you'll come back tomorrow."

"No Taehyung.... I can't..."

"Why?"

"If I come back it would be.... It would be difficult to keep myself from feeling for you and it would all start again........"

"You know..... I admired you from a long time...... I was head over heels for you. To my eyes you were perfect but when I met you.... Some things that you said made my heart sour for you. I didn't realize it then but now I feel like my impression of you was superficial..... I just looked at the surface and hated it. I forgot that we all are human beings and we are not perfect...... " Taehyung looked at him.

"I know you also may have found somethings that you didn't like and they triggered you further..... But among us you were the better one. You understood me and my flaws because you didn't have a better version of me and I neglected to understand you because I had the better version of you. Jk is a perfect boyfriend and I love him to my core. But I can't be truly happy knowing that somehow I am hurting you another dimension of him." There was a silence after that.

"So....... Why don't we start it over again?"

"Okay Taehyung let's start over again......" Jungkook said smiling.

Taehyung looked at him for a moment. He thought Jungkook was going to decline but a smile swept across his face when he registered other's words. Jungkook pulled him close and hugged him. They stayed like that for a few minutes then pulled apart. Jungkook pecked his forehead and both of them went inside.