The young woman blushed, not because of infatuation. It was an incredible honor for her to be remembered by the Doña. But that wasn't how Rosalie had seen it. She stepped closer to Serafina and grabbed her hand. Almost as though she were claiming her. Neither Serafina nor Maria noticed. But the other Cullens did. They smirked to themselves just behind their backs as they listened.

"Yes, Doña, I hope you're not upset. Juana didn't want to be mayor. She didn't care about tradition. She wanted to be a doctor." Maria answered.

"Did she become a doctor?" Serafina asked.

"Yes, she's currently going through a residency program at Yale," Maria said proudly.

"No trouble getting in?" Carlisle chimed in. A Hispanic woman going to an Ivy League, he was surprised.

"Of course not. A member of the board is actually from here. He put in a good word and didn't allow anyone to deny her qualifications," she answered.

"But I thought you wanted to be a singer?" Serafina asked after a moment of thought.

"I also wanted to be a princess," she laughed, "I grew up. I still sing for fun! But I didn't want the mayor's position to leave my family. We were entrusted with looking out for the town and keeping in touch with you, and I won't let you or any of the people down!" she said happily.

"Well, good for you," Serafina smiled. Putting her other hand affectionately on her head as she looked down at her. It was a quick rub like when she was a child. Then she motioned to Rosalie, who held her hand beside her, "This is my very good friend Rosalie." She said while smiling affectionately at her. She didn't know if the hunters had explained mates to them and didn't want to confuse them. Just like usual, only Serafina's eyes were covered, so Maria could clearly see her smile. The Doña had never brought a friend to town before. She had even warned her ancestors to avoid others similar to herself. Her bringing these people to town showed the council their importance to their Doña.

"It's very nice to meet you, Miss Rosalie. If you need anything, just let me know. You can tell anyone you see to find me if I'm not around. I will do my best to help you." Maria said, now putting her eyes on Rosalie. She could see the Doña treated her exceptionally well. She was gorgeous. She wondered if she was another angel as well. She then glanced behind the two to the other Cullens, "and they are?"

"Oh, they're just her family. Treat them well too. I suppose," Serafina waved them off.

The Cullens couldn't help rolling their eyes at her behavior. They weren't surprised in the least. They knew they only had Serafina's tolerance because of Rosalie. But to hear her so obviously say it to others, they found her ridiculous.

Rosalie gave her a look, "be nice."

"I'm sorry. Please treat them well," Serafina tried to sound more sincere. The others shook their heads, still not believing she cared, until they heard her continue, "This is Carlisle. He's a doctor. Somewhat of a workaholic, show him the hospital, and I'm sure he'll volunteer to help without pay. That's just the type of man he is, very selfless." She then introduced Esme, "Take Esme to the greenhouse. Sign her up for some classes with some of our top botanists. She'll probably be able to teach them a thing or two. She has a green thumb." She gestured to Jasper, "Take Jasper here to listen to our town historian. He's an odd one but knowledgeable. Thankfully we haven't been impacted by war in our little town, but we've had some scuffles he may be interested in." She then walked over to Alice and put her hands on her shoulders, "This is Alice. Take her to our more upscale boutiques. She'll enjoy speaking with some designers and maybe enjoy doing some shopping." She looked to the man with an annoyed look, "Este hombre con su cara de fuchi es Edward. I'm sure he'd enjoy our music hall. We're a small town, but it's relaxing. We have a few retired musicians who enjoy playing for fun there. I bet Edward would enjoy showing them up." She finally turned to Emmett, "And this giant of a man will enjoy the orphanage." That brought a look of confusion from everyone, "these people know we're different, Em, the children do too. You can play with them as you wish. As long as you make sure not to break them. They like to play hide and seek, and when you appear as if from thin air to catch them," This brought a huge grin to his face.