Play your part right(Tokyo Ghoul-Kaneki Ken X reader)

Another request by awsomecatlover ! Hope you all will enjoy this one!

I am a first year at Kami University and I am in love with plays. Especially being able to take on an acting role. I get to be someone else for a little while. It keeps me away from bad memories.

When I get to be a lead, it really gives me hope. Once I take on that role, that role becomes me untilthe play is over. Although after all of it is done, my characters shape who I become. It is what makes me feel more human...

Since I have been involved in theatre so much growing up, the theatre Director usually call on me to write plays and also rewrite famous plays for our school. Although I still have to audition for the parts. I have never been much to write stories but plays, well they are right up my alley.

Right now I am auditioning to be Juliet from Romeo and Juliet. I have been in this play long ago but not as Juliet. So this is a big step for me in my career. I am aiming higher this time.

I already rewrote it and auditions are in a few days, it is very nerve wracking. I really want this part. Right now I am wallowing in despair in a coffee shop reading off the lines I will be auditioning with.

But I also want someone to read diolauge with me because part of the audition will be reading with someone you do not know. So I should read with someone I don't know, right?

I am to scared to ask anyone here, they seem so peaceful. I don't want to ruin their relaxation. I groan accidently. And I still can't seem to figure out what coffee to drink!

A young boy with an eye patch comes over to me." Miss is something the matter? You seem stressed. A-and you haven't ordered yet." You look at him and sigh sadly. "What troubles you Miss?" Says an old man that seems to be the manager here, comes over to us.

"I am stressed out because I am trying out for the lead role in my universites school wide play. I need someone I don't know to read lines with me." I say without thinking. Wait is it rude to say that out loud? I start to panic.

"Kaneki will do it. His shift is about to end so I will allow him to get out early. Also, I will get you the best coffee for relieving stress. Trust me." The old man smiles softly and it makes me smile too. I love this old man, I wish he was my granpa... I would be more happy.

The old man sets Kaneki down softly in the chair"Good work today, Kaneki." He seems like a very wise old man. "He is. And he is the kindest person." Kaneki says out loud. I must look confused because the next thing he said was." Sorry, you were speaking out loud. I didn't realize-"

"It is fine. I'm sorry. Didn't realize I was talking out loud..." So embarrassing! "So what school do you go to?" He asks me interested. "Kamii University, I am trying for Juliet. Here read from hear untill the end of the act." I point to where I want him to start. He looks at me startled "what a coincidence! I go there to. I will be cheering you on then." He smiles genuinely sweet and I swear that smile, could thaw my frozen heart.

I just hope my staring doesn't creep him out to much. "That is awesome! Thank you, i will do my best not to disappoint you, then." I say this with a fighting spirit! He laughs a little under his breath. So cute.

The old man brings me my coffee." Thanks,um Mr-" "call me Mr Yoshimura." He tells me his name. "Thanks, Mr Yoshimura. You are a life saver." I say while drinking the coffee. "Ho, ho. I don't know about that." He says because I flattered him.

" seriously thank you." I smile at him and he smiles back taking his leave. "Okay, Kaneki let us start."Kaneki starts off the famous balcony scene playing as Romeo: