CHAPTER 52: THE HEART THROBBING & FINALLY THE TRUTH!

In a few minutes she got ready and drove toward the city hospital asking the receptionist in which ward Sanvi Sehgal was being treated. She made her way toward the ward only to be greeted by her parents who were coming out of Sanvi's ward.

She looked at them with cold eyes and a stoic face, a lack of any emotion this made her mother smile drop immediately.

"You're here thank you Princess" Mr. Sehgal came forward and was about to hug her like he didn't used to beat her red and blue a few months ago. She showed him her palm and took a step away, hurt flashed through his eyes but she simply doesn't care now.

"I'm not here for your family drama Mr. Sehgal just for humanity I'm here don't expect much from me" she said sternly causing them to winched slightly at her sharp words and the hatred in her eyes were enough to them they had lost her completely with their own deeds. Now no matter what they do nothing can be returned to the way it was before.

"S-sorry" that's all that came out of Mr. Sehgal mouth as he hanged his head now not able to keep up with her accusing and hate filled graze.

"Doesn't matter anymore how is she?" She asked again with an Icey voice "She's not good but maybe after meeting you she will be little better...you go in I and your dad is going back to house to bring her food and clothes as she doesn't like this hospital food" Mrs. Sehgal stated.

Avantika curtly nodded at them and watched as they left their home which was probably 15 minutes away from them and she was certain she'd leave as soon as they'll come back. Her foot felt heavy as she opened the door slightly and peeked through the gape.

Sanvi was lying on the bed wearing a blue hospital dress, glucose drip attached to her right hand, as she turned her head and looked towards the door Avantika noticed how her eyes lit up and lips curved up showing off a small smile. But her heart squeezed seeing her sister in that condition she had lost a moderate amount of weight in this period of time. There were huge dark circles under her eyes, she almost looked lifeless.

"...Smiley..Y-you came?" She trailed off with a very weak voice Avantika's body stiffened

Hearing that name after so long coming out of her mouth she used to call her by this name when they both were in high school, when they both came to college she stopped and started being mean to her so suddenly.

She was only a year smaller than Avantika yet there was a point when she was the one to protect Avantika and behaved like a younger sibling to her that all changed when the pair entered their adolescence.

Avantika came back to her senses when she saw Sanvi struggling to sit up winching in pain, she ran toward her and helped her "You should be careful Sanvi" she whispered all of the sudden Sanvi held Avantika's hand tightly and put it against her forehead.

" I'm so so sorry Avantika I'm so sorry please forgive me for everything I did to you. I missed you so much all these years without you were really hard for me..." She sobbed Avantika didn't know how to react to this just because now she's vulnerable.

That doesn't mean Avantika would able to forget and forgive her for the things she did to her and she put through her.

"S-Sanvi where is Pratik?" She questioned reluctantly taking her hands back she doesn't know why but her instinctive screamed something is not right which she shrugged off.

She watched how Sanvi's face turned hard and her jaw clenched "He...he is the reason why I don't have my children with me he killed them" she spat harshly Avantika gasped "What are you saying he did...this? No way Pratik can't he may be not a perfect man out there but he can't be this heartless" Avantika said still shook by her sister's words.