CHAPTER 24: DREAM OF HER...

" Avantika tell me my baby did Ani does something you look sad- "Mom..." Anvay whined cutting his mom off who glared at him warning him to not interrupt when she's talking to her most favorite child, her daughter-in-law.

Anvay scowled secretly at his wife who was faking a sad face just because he didn't let her fill up his cupboard with her stuff. Anvay heart beat went to another level when she gave him a knowing smirk and lifted her finger pointed at him " Mom, he won't let me keep my stuff inside the cupboard it's been so many months of our marriage and I'm still keeping them in my suitcase can you believe it " she made an upset face Meera Rajawat 's face softened as she caressed her daughter in law's cheek gasping on what she heard.

"Oh, my poor little baby" Meera cooed Avantika who had this sulking expression then she in a blink turned to Anvay and held his ear " YOU SHAMELESS CUB!! DO I HAVE TO GET YOU BEND ON KNEES AND SPANK YOU...IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR WIFE?" she screeched while Anvay held her wrist trying to get rid of her hold "Mom awe mo-m please I'm sorry...let go " he cried out in pain.

Avantika bit the inside of her cheek to not let out a laugh." You have been so mannerless all these years at least now you have a wife cherish her for good what if she left you one day you'll cry then and beg God to send her back" she muttered nonchalantly.

Anvay looked at his dad for some kind of help while his mom kept lecturing him on being Gentleman toward his wife "Dad please..." he mouthed Avantika grazed at her father-in-law who simply turned it head like he wasn't his son like he wasn't his own blood. Anvay's face fell and his expression turned like a puppy who got kicked. Small melodies giggle filled the dining table making everyone turn their faces in the direction looking at the person with such adoration and amusement.

Avantika giggled forgetting about the world it was long, Mr and Mrs. Rajawat had seen her laugh like that. Mrs. Rajawat eyes watered she just prayed this girl always kept laughing and smiling like this. Anvay was completely lost admiring her, she looked like an angel. He winched lowly when his mom nudged him on the stomach. When he looked at her, she wiggled her eyebrows. He playfully rolled his eyes at his mom's childishness.

" Mom stop it !!" He whined shoving her hand away slightly. She chuckled " Keep smiling like this princess it's been so long seeing you like this " Mrs. Rajawat said caressing her hair. She nodded, still smiling " If you people are done giving all your love to your daughter just remember you have a son too here" Anvay pout everyone laughed at his attribute. "Okay let's eat the food my daughter has made with so much love " Mrs. Rajawat said and everyone began devouring the food complimenting the one who made it.

"So, when I'm getting grandchildren to play with?" Mrs. Rajawat suddenly trailed out and Anvay went tensed beside her while Avantika choked on her food coughing badly. Everyone turned concern mode toward her Mrs. Rajawat quickly grabbed a glass of water and made her drink it.

" Honey, you don't have any filter" Mr. Rajawat scolded Mrs Rajawat she pouts "Darling it's a simple question I'm not forcing them...just consider it my wish" she smiled widely at the couple whose cheeks were turned red." Excuse me I forgot to bring dessert " Avantika excused herself as quickly as she could, literally running away from the awkward atmosphere.

" Quit Blushing son and do try harder" Mrs Rajawat commented Anvay face turned beetroot red with embarrassment. " Mom stop it please" he scowled and carried out with finishing his food sometimes later Avantika came back with the dessert. They had it and went to their room wishing each other good night.

***

The next day when Avantika eyes fluttered open, she felt something heavy on her when she couldn't able to move, she realized it was none other than her beast of a husband who was sleeping on her instead of the mattress. His one leg was thrown on her pinning her leg completely. His one arm possessively wrapped around her waist while his chest pressed to her back. Another arm under her head being her pillow.