CHAPTER 17: A GENIUNE APOLOGY

Avantika had had enough from the moment she stepped inside one of his many mistresses' homes and began taunting her about how he was so good in bed, like dude, she got it, now what? The humiliation she felt was overwhelming. As she reached home, she kicked off her heels and went to his beer section, taking out the most expensive wine. She didn't drink alcohol, though; she just wanted to feel light-headed.

Tears of frustration slipped from her eyes. She didn't want him in her life; he was making a mess of it even when she told him to stay away. She felt so inferior and cheap when those models and actresses he hooked up with came around and mocked her. She felt like a piece of garbage in front of them. After all, she was still a human who valued her self-respect, though she had her own insecurities and traumas from the past.

Today he humiliated her in a way that she cried for the first time since their marriage. She didn't want him to stick by her side, but knowing she didn't know anything about such events, she couldn't. She hated interacting with people, but she still went there and greeted them.

He noticed she was uncomfortable, but for the sake of humanity, couldn't he have stayed there and kept those mistresses of his away from her? She gulped down glass after glass until she just picked up the entire bottle and began drinking it, not hearing the noise of the front door opening.

Anvay, who was fuming like a beast, stepped inside the house. The light was dim, but it was enough to see. Anvay marched towards her with fury. He held her wrist, stopping her from drinking. She opened her eyes, and they met his rage-filled ones. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHY DID YOU LEAVE WITHOUT TELLING ME?" he shouted angrily, snatching the bottle from her hand.

She scoffed, "Why should I?" Her response irked him. He held her wrist and pulled her too close to him, his chest literally hitting hers. His arm tightened around her waist when she wiggled to get free; he roughly grabbed her chin between his fingers, making her look straight into his dark orbs.

That's when he noticed her red eyes and tear-stained cheeks, causing him to frown in confusion. "Were you crying? What happened?" His voice softened, and she chuckled painfully. "Why do you even care? Leave me!" she demanded sternly. "Like hell I will! First, tell me what happened. Did someone say something to you? Just name the person, and I'll kill him or her!" he gritted his teeth.

"You now, kill yourself, go," she stated icily. "What did I do?" He questioned, so confused by her sudden change in behavior. "Just go and continue doing what you're known for, Mr. Rajawat. Don't irritate me more when I'm already so done with everything. Now, leave me alone," she scowled.

"Were you jealous of Selina or any other women I slept with? So you decided to leave our reception without telling me? I'm being a fool, searching for you. My client wanted to meet my wife, and my wife was childish enough to leave the venue, ruining my reputation," he ranted.

"What reputation do you even have? Tell me! You narcissist aashole!! A reputation of a manwhore who would sleep with anyone who has a vagina?" she yelled, pushing him away with full force, causing him to stumble back in shock.

"I wonder how those who are doing business with you are still sticking with that sick idea. I mean, don't they feel afraid that you might lurk around their wives, girlfriends, or sisters?" Avantika smirked slightly, looking at Anvay's red face. "AVANTIKA, WATCH YOUR TONGUE!" He growled, grasping her forearm.

"Why? I just stated the truth, unlike others who talk behind your back but smile and utter sugar-coated words to your face," she said.

"ENOUGH! WHY ARE YOU EVEN BEHAVING LIKE THIS? JUST TELL ME, DAMN IT! YOU WERE ALL OKAY WHEN WE LEFT—"