Bungo Hound Dogs | 073 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ Chapter 73 || Bungo Hound Dogs ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The trio, consisting of Atsushi, Kyouka, and [Y/n], were still on the run from the authorities after leaving Anne's room. Ango had just returned from escorting Mushitaro to a safe place. With their next move as wanted criminals, they had to infiltrate the Sky Casino to capture Sigma, the general manager, who held vital information about the page they were after. To achieve this, they had to find a way to sneak into the casino undetected.

"The goal of our mission is to prevent any terrorist attacks prior to the other side of the page being filled in, in addition to the recovery of said page. However, as wanted criminals, the Detective Agency can't act in plain sight. That's where her special ability comes in." Ango gestured to Anne, who had been silent up until now, a smile playing on her lips. "By placing the two of you in Anne's Room, created by her ability, you will be able to infiltrate undetected. She will be the heart of our operation."

"You heard him," Lucy said proudly with her hands on her hips. "Well, tiger kitty? This ear's telling me it wants to hear you say thanks." [Y/n] chuckled at the silence that followed Lucy's statement. "Sorry," Atsushi murmured, feeling guilty. "Why are you apologizing?" asked Lucy. "For getting you mixed up in this. Cooperating with us right now is a serious crime. I don't think we can ever repay you enough." Lucy blinked, a bit taken aback by Atsushi's words. "Why not?" she asked, "I'm the one repaying an impossibly huge debt right now, aren't I?"

"Huh?" Atsushi stared at her in confusion. A long silence followed as he tried to process what she had just said. Lucy's face turned red as steam began to rise from her ears, and her hands shook with a violent tremor, betraying her embarrassment. "Nothing! Nothing! Never mind that! Forget that! I'm begging you!"

"Ango-san, you mentioned that only two of us will be placed in Anne's Room." [Y/n] gestured towards Atsushi and Kyouka. "What about my involvement in this mission? I too am wanted, and I should have a task that is equally important to Atsushi and Kyouka." Ango adjusted his glasses and nodded, "You're right, [Y/n]. We do need your expertise on this mission. I'll make sure to assign you a task that is just as crucial as the others." Ango reached into the bag at his feet and extracted a dress that was hidden beneath a plastic cover.

"[Y/n], I know you to be the best when it comes to the art of espionage and deception. Your skills in blending in with my surroundings and gathering information without detection are unparalleled. Your mission, as a gambler, is to get close to Stigma and gather crucial intel on his business dealings. You will have to use your charm and wit to gain his trust, and your knowledge of gambling to lure him away." [Y/n] nodded, taking in the instructions carefully. She knew that this would be a difficult task, but she was confident in her abilities. She had successfully completed similar missions before and was ready to take on the challenge once again.