Only a Diamond Can Polish a Diamond | 052 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ Chapter 52 || Only a Diamond Can Polish a Diamond ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

With lightning-fast reflexes, [Y/n] attempted to stop the previous boss from attacking Dazai, but he was too quick for her. In an instant, the previous boss swung his scythe at Dazai, the sharp blade barely missing his chest and leaving a thin red line in its wake. Dazai stumbled back, his hand instinctively reaching up to touch the wound. Blood spurted from the wound like a fountain, staining his white shirt crimson. He gritted his teeth, refusing to show any sign of weakness in front of his opponent. 

[Y/n] swiftly retaliated with a precise kick to the previous boss's midsection, sending him stumbling backward. As he regained his balance, [Y/n] instinctively took a defensive stance in front of Dazai, shielding him from any potential harm. In one fluid motion, [Y/n] swiftly drew her katana from it's sheath that was hidden within her kimono, the sharp steel glinting in the dim light of the room as she pointed it directly at the previous boss. Her hand gripped the hilt tightly, her eyes fixed on her target with a steely determination.

"How have you been, kids? "The previous boss inquired, his fiery red eyes piercing through them. "You look well for someone who's been dead, boss." "Or rather, former boss." Dazai tried to hide his amusement as they exchanged glances. "There's no way he could have hurt that idiot with his ability." Dazai's eyes narrowed as he heard Chuuya's comment. "You got me. The former boss's giant scythe isn't an ability; it's real.

"So it could kill you, then." A bead of sweat formed on Chuuya's forehead as he realized the severity of the situation. "The former boss is dead. What did you do, Randou-san?" asked Dazai, his voice calm. "My ability can turn corpses stored in my subspace into reanimated beings I command. I can only control one at a time, however."

"That's amazing," Dazai said, his voice filled with awe as he finally managed to stand up after being in pain for a moment. "You've been hiding that ability from the organization this whole time? Just who are?" he continued, his eyes fixed on him. "An ability user who used to be a spy from the West. I came to this nation to obtain a high-energy being that the government of Japan had supposedly discovered."

"And that's Arahabaki," said Dazai, his eyes slightly narrowed as he stared at the older man. "My sole purpose for this plan, Chuuya-kun, is to kill you and reanimate you as the replacement for the former boss." Rimbaud continued. "Dazai-kun, [Y/n]-chan, if the boss were to hear of what you have learned, he could attempt to have me assassinated. I regrettably ask you to die along with Chuuya-kun." [Y/n] tutted at his words. "We won't be dying anytime soon, Randou-san," [Y/n] replied calmly. "And I won't let anyone harm Dazai-kun or Chuuya-kun either."