Corrosive Consequences | 039 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ Chapter 39 || Corrosive Consequences ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/n] felt the cool night air against her skin as she trudged along the cracked pavement of the dimly lit alleyway. The sound of her footsteps echoed off the walls. She had been called in to investigate a strange death, and it was her job to discover who or what was responsible. In the darkness, [Y/n] could just make out the shapes of emergency vehicles, police tape, and officers swarming the scene. As [Y/n] approached the crime scene, she could smell the acrid stench of acid and hear the distant sirens of the emergency responders.

Once she got closer, one of the officers greeted her and directed her to the taped-off area. As she approached, [Y/n] could clearly see the body of the victim lying motionless, covered by a white sheet with burnt holes sticking to it. The body lay in a pool of greenish liquid, which [Y/n] recognized as a corrosive acid that could dissolve flesh and bone

The officer briefed her on the situation and informed her that they were still investigating the cause of death. [Y/n] kneeled by the body with a stoic stare, her hands pulling back the sheet covering the body, revealing the man who lay in repose before her. 

The body was sprawled, its face twisted into a blood-curdling scream. It was barely recognizable, as it had been subjected to a heinous assault. The victim's clothes were melted into their skin, and their face was burned beyond recognition, as the acid had eaten away most of the face, the limbs, and the internal organs. It was a sight that would make anyone feel sick to their stomach.

It appeared that the man had obviously been thrown in acid, as his skin was burned and mangled. What had been a face was now just a mass of scarred flesh, the eyes were gone and what was left of the nose was only a few blackened and blistered pieces of cartilage. The lips were melted into the teeth, leaving a gruesome remnant of what at one time must have been a human jawline.

The body itself was charred, and the clothes melted into the skin. It was impossible to tell if it was a man or a woman, as most distinguishing features had been lost. It didn't even look human anymore, but more like a grotesque creature out of a horror movie. The dark pool of blood that had accumulated around the body was only outdone by the acrid smell of burning flesh that hung in the air. 

As she examined the boy, her trained eyes noticed something else. Coming from his mouth was a strange green ooze, and a smell that she couldn't quite place. It was sweet but also had a hint of something metallic, which made her suspect that he might have ingested something toxic. But in this case, he produced the substance. 

[Y/N] fumbled in her pockets for a moment before pulling out a pair of thick gloves, slipping them onto her hands, and stretching the fabric to make sure they fit snugly. Tentatively, she lifted the corpse's skull and opened its mouth, trying not to gag at the stench that escaped his lips. Although it was not unexpected, what she saw gave her pause. His entire mouth was lined with emerald stains and frothy tendrils of green filth. It seemed like the man had been drugged or poisoned, and it was her job to discover exactly how this had happened.