Slap the Stick & Addict | 056 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ Chapter 56 || Slap the Stick & Addict ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As Atsushi enters the warm and inviting space of Café Uzumaki, the sound of the doors chime fills the air, accompanied by the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. Atsushi, carrying a report tucked under his arm, strides in and makes his way to the table where his agency members often sit. With a cheerful smile, he announces, "Everyone, we have a new job! Is anyone interested?"

"Pass," Dazai, Junichiro, Ranpo, and Yosano all muttered in unison, as they leaned back on the table and closed their eyes. Atsushi, who had been keeping them company, couldn't help but sweat nervously at their reactions. "I guess this is our reaction," Junichiro said, looking around at the group. "Yeah, our reaction," Ranpo echoed. "Defiantly our reaction." "You're reaction?" Atsushi asked, addressing himself more than anyone else.

"We're burned out," Dazai spoke up, his voice low and melancholic. "The Guild battles were the biggest since we were founded. I'm glad we managed to keep the Moby Dick from crashing into Yokohama." Atsushi smiled at Dazai's words. "Not to mention...Thanks to that, you're famous." Dazai continued, holding up a newspaper with Atsushi's face on the front page. Atsushi's face flushed with embarrassment as he reached up to rub the back of his neck. "That wasn't my intention," he muttered.

"It's fine." Dazai waved him dismissively. "Recognition only brings more trouble." As Dazai leaned back against the plush seats, Atsushi realized that both [Y/n] and Kunikida were missing. "Where's Kunikida-san, and [Y/n]-san?" he asked, concerned. "I'm here." It was [Y/n], who had emptied her cup of coffee with one swallow.

Atsushi was taken aback by a sudden voice. To his surprise, he discovered that [Y/n] had been seated at the bar, silently observing him. He quickly apologized, saying, "I didn't notice you before!" [Y/n] gave him a faint smile in response. "It's fine. Kunikida-san is upstairs. He's got more energy than usual," she said. Atsushi nodded, understanding the situation.

"More coffee, please, "Dazai politely requested, flashing a charming smile at the waiter as she approached their table. The waitress, with a friendly smile, stopped in front of them and said, "Coming right up." "Curry for me. Make it sweat." Ranpo, on the other hand, eagerly asked for a spicy curry, his mouth watering at the prospect. "All right."

Yosano, with a hand on her forehead, inquired. "Something that'll pick me up," The waitress, noticing Yosano's condition, asked if she was feeling unwell. "Are you hung over?" Yosano nodded in response. "Is there anything you would like?" the waiter asked, making eye contact with [Y/n]. [Y/n] smiled and replied, "I would like some more tea, and I'd also like to order a cheesecake, please." The waiter, most likely with the intention of remembering the orders, has mentally noted them down.