A Brand-New Start | 029 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ Chapter 29 || A Brand-New Start]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/n] hasn't been able to shake the dark cloud hanging over her since the loss of her dear friend, Odasaku. She misses him so much and can't come to terms with the fact that he's gone. She felt like she had lost a part of herself. Odasaku was the one person who truly understood her and accepted her for who she was. With him gone, [Y/n] felt like she had lost her anchor. She couldn't imagine how she would move on without him. Every day felt like a struggle, and she often thought to herself, "What's the point of living if he's not here with me?"

[Y/n] looked exhausted and sleep-deprived, perhaps due to working long hours or having trouble sleeping at night. However, it was due to her having reoccurring dreams of the day she met Odasaku and her deceased siblings. Despite her exhaustion and sleep deprivation, she tries to keep going and continue with her daily routine. However, the emotional toll of her recurring dreams makes it difficult for her to focus and function properly during the day.

[Y/n] stands amidst the hustle and bustle of the city on the rooftop of a towering building. The wind blows softly, causing her hair to flutter about her face, as she takes in the breathtaking view of the vibrant city as if seeing it for the first time. A breeze brushes past her, and she takes a deep breath of the cool, fresh air, relishing the freedom of being high above the ground.

Yokohama's bright lights sparkle like stars in the night sky, that have descended to earth, and she can hear the distant sounds of traffic and chatter from below, despite the late hour. Cars race through the streets like ants, leaving behind glowing streaks of light that reflect off the polished steel of nearby buildings. The pedestrians rush like the currents of a river. The sounds of laughter, chatter, and honking horns drift up to where she stands, reminding her of how truly alive the city is. She wasn't deserving of it.

If she jumped, no one would miss her. A faint smile etched onto her lips as she took a step forward off the railing. [Y/n] takes a deep breath of the crisp, night air, relishing in the cool touch of it on her skin. She feels the electricity of the city coursing through her veins as the wind rushes past her face, and she realizes that no one truly understands the depth of her pain. The decision was made, and she let herself go faint, waiting to fall into the abyss below.

Her relief was short-lived as a pair of bandaged hands grabbed her wrists. "That's a dangerous place to stand, Bella. You might fall to your death. I wouldn't want that to happen." [Y/n] spun around to see Dazai standing behind her, his hand grabbing her wrist. [Y/n] quickly wiped her tears away, not wanting him to see her vulnerability.

His eyes were narrowed as he met hers. "What are you doing here? Why did you stop me?" [Y/n] questioned, her voice laced with suspicion and a hint of anger. "This is unlike you to want to commit suicide." He stated, taking long strides towards backwards, his coat billowing in the wind. "Do you wish to join me?" [Y/n]'s voice trailed off, turning away from him. Dazai placed a finger to his chin while musing. "Who am I to deny you." 

⎯ The Divine of Judgment⎯  || BSD x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara