Murder On D Street | 009 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

 [ Chapter 9 || Murder On D Street ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The agency was forced to clean up as a result of the shootout. The agency had to remove all the bullet casings and repair any damage caused by the shootout. The shootout left the agency's premises in a mess, and everyone contributed to tidying up their offices to restore the place to its original state.

"Atsushi-kan, do you mind picking the books up from the floor?" [Y/n] asked. Atsushi nodded in agreement and continued to assist her with the task at hand. 'The Black Lizard... The Armed Detective Agency was attacked by the Port Mafia's military squad, the Black Lizard. But Kunikida-san, Yosano-san, Kenji-kun, and [Y/n]-san humiliated the entire team with ease. Such is the strength of the Armed Detective Agency.' While Atsushi was cleaning, Ranpo began moving the marble in his glass bottle, drawing his attention.

He couldn't help but wonder what Ranpo was up to. With his back to the cleaning boy, Ranpo was presently seated on a desk. "Hey, hey, Harunocchi. Can you take the marble out of this bottle." asked Ranpo, to the female coworker.

"Sure, right away." The female coworker quickly reached for the bottle and carefully smashed it with a hammer to extract the marble from the bottle before handing it back to Ranpo with a smile. "Is this what you wanted, Ranpo-san?" she inquired. "Yes." Ranpo held the marble up to the light, examining it closely and nodding in satisfaction. "Yes, this is exactly what I needed. Thank you," he replied with a grateful smile. "Marbles are nice, aren't they?"

"Yes, marbles are nice." The female responded before continuing with her work. "Um, isn't Ranpo-san going to help?" Atsushi approached Kunikida and asked what he was doing with the marble and why he wasn't helping. "Ranpo-kun. Are you forgetting something?" [Y/n] asked, beside him. "What?" he replied, twisting the marble. "You need to head off to your case. The murder case, remember?" She reminded him, her voice tinged with amusement. His face breaks into a smug grin. "I remember it vividly. I'm confident that I can crack this case and bring the perpetrator to justice," he replied, tucking the marble into his pocket.

"The police in this city can't even nab a single criminal without my help. Still, my super deduction is the best ability in this agency or even the whole nation." [Y/N] raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips at his words. "I guess it's no wonder that everyone depends on it." He adjusted his hat so that it precisely framed his head. 

"We're indebted to you, Ranpo-san." Kunikida replied, plainly. "Good, as long as you're aware. That's right. Though you call yourselves a detective agency, you all can't deduce better than a single moneky. The only reason you can call yourselves a detective agency and function as one is because of my ability, Super Deduction." ​​​