Pride Flags

Emmett stood on the shopping cart, rocking it a bit and earning a noise of disapproval from the baby sitting in it.

Rosalie pulled her best friend away from the cart and the child. "Emmett, can you at least try not to draw attention? We aren't even supposed to be in the store, and now you're acting like a child."

The Cullens didn't go to stores or anywhere else in town. Mainly because they didn't need to interact with humans. Esme was the only one who went to the grocery store and the others never bothered to tag along.

However, this time they decided to join their human friend and her little sister on a shopping trip.

"I'm not doing anything." Emmett pouted. Every time, he did something Rosalie would scold him for it.

"Stop standing on the shopping cart, you're going to upset Kayli," Rosalie ordered.

Both of the vampires looked at the little baby who was watching the two bicker and argue. Emmett waved at the baby. "She likes it when I do that."

"No she doesn't," Rosalie argued.

Needless to say, she was completely protective over the small human. Rosalie didn't want anything to happen to the baby. It pained her every time the baby even cried, regardless of the reason.

Blythe, tired of the vampires' constant arguing, picked up her little sister and handed her to Rosalie. "Here, Rose,"

Rose instantly smiled, forgetting what she was arguing about in the first place. She took the small child into her arms and kissed her head. "Hi, Baby Girl." She cooed.

Blythe turned to Emmett. "Now, you can stand on the basket. But don't break it."

"Thank you, Bly." Emmett stuck his tongue out at Rosalie and then returned to standing on the cart.

Blythe, happily, returned to her shopping in the absence of complaints from any of her companions. She didn't have much time to shop as she had to quickly return to her home. Sometime soon Kayli's mother would come to claim her.

"Hey, Blythe." A boy in his mid-twenties came down the aisle.

"Hey, Corin." Blythe happily greeted him. "I see you're becoming re-acquainted with the town."

"Yeah, I'm being hit with constant waves of nostalgia." Corin laughed. He couldn't help but notice that three unfamiliar people were staring at him. "Hey, I'm Corin."

"I'm Emmett Cullen," Emmett spoke up immediately even though Corin was mainly looking at Rosalie. It was clear that she had no interest in talking to him. "That's Rosalie, she's Blythes's girlfriend."

"And the baby is my sister," Blythe said.

"Well, nice to meet you." Corin looked at Rosalie briefly before waving at Kayli who waved back.

Emmett pouted, finding it a little hurtful that the boy didn't look at him. Then again most human boys were intimidated by him. "Nice to meet you too, Emmett." Corin smiled at Emmett before leaving the aisle. Emmett stared in disbelief before snapping out of it.

"Who's that?" He asked Blythe.

"Angela's older brother. He graduated five years ago and just recently came back to Forks." Blythe told him while reading a can of green peas.

"Oh..." Emmett hummed. "How do you know him?"

"I met him when I was studying at Angela's house last Friday." Blythe put three cans of peas in the basket. "Why?"

"I was just curious," Emmett said.

"He doesn't have any friends here, and he's single," Blythe said absentmindedly while pushing the shopping cart toward canned pineapples.