Reconciliation

Rose: Morning, Love.

I smiled once I saw Rosalie's text. I sent her a quick reply and put my phone away once my father entered the room.

"Father." I greeted.

"Daughter." He raised an eyebrow. "You have yet to leave your room today, and it's noon. It's getting ridiculous," Charlie grumbled. "You and Bella need to stop being mad at each other and talk it out."

"I've already tried. She won't talk to me so I'm giving her some space." I shrugged.

"You know her better than anyone. Is space what she needs right now?" He asked.

"Yes, she needs to throw her tantrum and move on. She'll speak to me once she's ready." I rolled my eyes.

I understood why Bella was angry with me but the cold shoulder was ridiculous.

"What are you guys fighting over?"

I quickly came up with a lie, praying Bella didn't make up a lie of her own. "I stole her shirt."

"Of course," Charlie sighed. "Be downstairs in five minutes. The Blacks and Clearwaters are over for a family dinner."

"Okay."

He pointed at me. "You and your sister are going to act civilly."

"Got it." I nodded.

"That means you are going to talk and hug." He said.

"Fine," I grumbled. He smiled and left my room. I followed him.

"Hey, Leah." Leah stood in the living room holding bags of groceries.

"Help me put this into the kitchen. The boys are outside talking about sports." She rolled her eyes.

I laughed and led her to the kitchen. Bella was already in there, getting out pots and pans. "What's on the menu?"

"Steaks, macaroni, and baked potatoes." Bella shrugged. "I'm not sure if we have all the ingredients."

"We do. My mom even got shrimp so we could put it on the steaks." Leah opened our fridge. She looked at me. "Are you going to just stand there or are you going to help?"

"You're doing great Sweetie." I joked. Leah rolled her eyes. "Is your mom here?"

"No, she said she had a stomach ache or something. But I think she just doesn't want to cook. Every year something goes wrong." Leah told me. I helped Leah put up the groceries while she told me about the banana pudding incident.

"Billy then proceeds to sneeze in the pudding so nobody could eat it. After three hours of work and three tries, it was deemed inedible. So Seth starts to cry and my mom had to go on a walk to calm down."

"You guys threw away the pudding?" I asked. Leah's silence was alarming. "Oh, no."

"Jacob dared Seth to eat it." She laughed.

"That's disgusting," Bella said.

Seth entered the kitchen with a big childish smile on his face. "I have a feeling you guys are talking about me."

"Your feeling is correct." Leah punched her brother's shoulder.

"Hey, Seth." Bella and I said.

"Hello." Seth came over to look at the stocked refrigerator. "I'm guessing we aren't having banana pudding this year?"

"After last year? Definitely not." Jacob pushed Seth's head. "Have you guys started on the food?"

"We're getting started in a minute," Bella said. "You could help season the steaks."

Jacob whistled and shook his head. "No thank you, I do not belong in the kitchen."

"Then you can't complain about how the food turns out," Leah said.

"It won't matter, Seth will eat it regardless." Jacob ran out of the kitchen while Seth chased him.

My phone buzzed and I was actually surprised by who it was.

Alice: you should try reconciling with Bella, it might work!

Blythe: Might? I need more than that

Alice: just do it!

I sighed and leaned against the counter. "Leah, could you give me and my sister a minute?"

"Yeah." Leah briefly glanced at Bella before leaving.

I waited a second before speaking. Mainly because I had no idea of what I wanted to say. "Isabella, Dad said-"

"He gave me the same lecture too." Bella interrupted me.

"Great so we're good?" I knew that wasn't the case.

"No." Bella crossed her arms. "Did you think about anyone else when you did it? Did you think about me, Renee, or even Charlie?"

"Would you like me to be honest?" I sighed once she nodded. "I did think about you guys, and I concluded that it would be better if I could stop bothering you guys."

"That's not how we feel," Bella said.

I shrugged. "Well, that's how I felt at that moment."

"Did you feel alone?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Even after Rosalie showed up?"

"I did." I was relieved when Bella's 'angry face' finally melted.

"I'm sorry for always being gone. I'll stop hanging out with Edward so much." She promised.

I laughed. "You don't need to do that. I know how much you love that boy."

Alice: i told youuuuuuu! you're welcome!

Charlie's voice was coming closer and closer. I held open my arms. "Dad's coming, hug me." Bella rolled her eyes and complied.

"I see you two made up." Charlie beamed. It was precious seeing him like that.

"We did." We answered simultaneously.

Charlie gave me a hug and a thumbs-up to Bella. "I'm glad you made up. You're too young to stop talking to each other. You need each other."

"I'm hungry!" Seth whined. 

----

This chapter is a bit shorter than my usual ones. I'm having writer's block.