chapter 49

Teju's pov

My whole world turned upside down in just few minutes . I never thought I'm my wildest dreams something like this will happen to me .

It all started when dad's childhood friend prakash uncle came to meet dad .yes same prakash uncle to whom I met in the yesterday party . I touched thier feet and he blessed me keeping his hand on my heads.

" can I hug you beta ? His question was a bit surprising to me but I shrugged it and nodded . At a instant ge hugged me tightly as if he was waiting for this from a long time . Again I felt the same strange feeling like yesterday.

I went to bring something for him to eat mom is not at home she imhas gone to a neighbor so it took more time than usual but when I returned karan was also there and there were talking something when I went some close to him I halted at the word " my daughter "

I heard their whole conversation and I was stilled at my place the tray I was holding slipped from my hands shattering everything it contains and also breaking many peices .

I could not process what just happened.  All these years I was living a false life everything was a lie .

Karan tuned hearing the loud breaking voice and was startled to see me standing there . He came running to me .

" princess... " he called me and tried to hold my hand but I moved back and ran to my room .

Karan's pov

I could not do anything I was just watching her retreating figure.  She looked hurt and devastated.  I ran to room but I was late she closed the door .
Mr. Prakash also want to come but I stopped him saying thus is not right time  .

" please princess open the door we can talk please just once open the door " I banged the door but got no response .
I can hear her sobs . I banged again but this time no voice came I panicked and started to push the door . And it opened. 

I ran inside and saw she was scooted at a corner of the room hiding her head between her knees . My heart ached seeing her in that state . I went to her and sat in front of her .

" princess please listen to me it's the truth and you have to accept it ." I said coming close to her .

" Why me karan why ? Did I do anything wrong to anyone why always God punishes me ? " She said and broke down in my arms  . But I did not stop from crying it was necessary for her to take out everything. 

I kept her head on my chest and started carressing her hairs . After some time I could not hear any voice when I looked down she was  slept . Carefully I picked her up in my arms and made her lay on bed . Now I have to talk to Mr. Prakash.

I was about to get up from the bed but she clutched my hand even in her sleeping state . She wanted me by her side every time and how can I debt my lady love ?

I messaged Mr. Prakash to talk later . I laid beside her keeping her head on my chest . I have to make her understand. 

Teju's pov

I woke up feeling something soft brushing my forehead then my cheek I slowly opened my eyes and saw my love  . He moved aside and i got up and sat .

Suddenly memories of few hours ago appeared in my mind . In started panicking .

" kar...Karan... woh ........" I was another able to form any word .

" shh... princess first calm down he is gone only I am here your karan calm down " he  said hiding my head in his chest .

After some time I got relaxed and normal.

" princess ..." he called me sensing me calm . I simply hummed .

" you can  share with me I know there is something you are hiding about your parents... I mean your uncle aunty . That day when I took you to your house I noticed you were not  feeling comfortable please don't keep it  to yourself take it out ." He said carressing my hairs .

Now when he knows I can't hide it anymore I started to tell .

I did not know they were not my real parents but sometimes I doubted because parents don't behave like this with thier child " I said with teary eyes .

" like this ? " He asked .

" my mom never gave me that love which a mother shows for her child . When I was kid she always made me do whole work of house and did not even give me proper food . If there something left in lunch it was my dinner and if something left in dinner I was my breakfast and for lunch I thank to God they gave me two precious best Friends they never left my side .

They knew I did not eat properly they always brought extra lunch for me . And  if I  refuse to do anything she used to locked me in a  darkroom . That's why I have  a phobia od darkness.  And also she did not let me go to school but I want to study and do something in my life so I always listen to her so that my school  was not missed .

Years passed like this but she did not  change . People say dad is a hero of every daughter he always protects his  child but in my case there was nothing like that whenever I  tried to tell him he always informed mom and she used to punish me . When I grew I started my college even then I had to bear all that .

But I did not  give up i wanted to do something I studied whole night because I did not have time in day and always I used to top in my class . " I said tears were continuously falling down to my cheeks and he was consoling me .

My life was a complete mess but then you came in my dark life and filled it with light . You gave me mom and dad the love for which I was craving si ce years I got it from mom dad . Coming to
You No one can love me like you do tou make me feel special . I never thought my life can be this much peaceful and happy  . But you made it possible .

" princess ... you also make me feel same  and now nomore tears you have tolerated enough in your life I promise now you will never face any difficulty " he said cupping my cheeks and kissed my forehead I closed my eyes to feel  .

" but karan why he came now when he left me that time he abandoned me he abandoned me . Am I that bad ? " again I started to cry .

" No... you don't know how special you are ! You are my angel . And yeah he did not abandon you he was helpless at that time " he tried to console me .

To be continued